eye query update

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rockette_*

Guest_rockette_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:11 PM

Hope you have a quick look at this Arnie. Thought Rockets eyes were looking better but I'm not so sure now. Sometimes they look a bit better, sometimes not. Don't think anything awful is going on with them (they are not worse or anything) but was wondering if I should keep going with the cod liver oil or give it a rest for a day or two?

Also could you have a look to see if I've managed to send you a private message?

Pam

#2 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:48 PM

Hello Pam
I would now take him to the vets to get some anti-biotic eye stuff to clear up what ever it is.
I will look for the PM, but normally it flashes at the top of the site when I open My Hermann's up
Arnie

#3 Guest_rockette_*

Guest_rockette_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:59 PM

Hello again Arnie,

Sorry to keep bothering you. However wanted to tell you that I've been to see a vet thisevening with Rocket and he thought that she may have a slight infection going on in her eyes or that something was irritating them. He gave me some eye drops called Fucithalmic eye drops. Have to put some in once a day for 5 to 7 days.

Just wanted to know if the drops were ok for her. Although he had a tortoise of his own I kept feeling, from what he was saying, that I knew more about what I was talking about than he did! And you know that I don't know much but I'm learning something new every day!!!! I love this forum, wish I'd found it ages ago.

Don't worry about the PM I must have done it wrong.

Thankyou very much for your help. (How much do you charge? ha ha!)

Pam

#4 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:52 AM

Hello Pam
I'm sure the drops will be fine, he would look for a standard proceedure, but will try to check for you.

Thankyou very much for your help. (How much do you charge? ha ha!)

A happy healthy tortoise :-)

Arnie

#5 Guest_rockette_*

Guest_rockette_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:34 AM

Hello Arnie,

Rocket is not looking so good thismorning. Usually up and about when I come back home from dog walk but wasn't today. Got her up and under the lamp and her eyes looked quite bad, but having looked at her again just now they don't look quite so bad. Phoned vet and he suggested I hang fire on the drops for a min in case they are not agreeing with her, (well the trouble is I think that its such a thick cream rather than a drop and she got plastered in it when he put them in, all rather thick and sticky!) I have heard that Redidrops (chloramphenicol) are ok to give torts. Do you know? I have some of that in the house because I need it for my cat, he has to have a drop every day. Won't use it instead at the moment though, even if you think it would be ok, better just leave her without any thing for a day or two as the vet suggested do you think?

You don't think she has that 'hex.....' (can't spell it!) virus do you? She came from goodness knows where. Thats what the pm was about, all the latest news with the licence. I really have no idea of her exact age or where she came from.
All I can say is don't panick Mr. Mannering!!!!!!
I am really worried about her though.

Thankyou for your message thismorning.

Pam

#6 Guest_rockette_*

Guest_rockette_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:55 PM

[quote]
Hello Arnie,

Rocket is not looking so good thismorning. Usually up and about when I come back home from dog walk but wasn't today. Got her up and under the lamp and her eyes looked quite bad, but having looked at her again just now they don't look quite so bad. Phoned vet and he suggested I hang fire on the drops for a min in case they are not agreeing with her, (well the trouble is I think that its such a thick cream rather than a drop and she got plastered in it when he put them in, all rather thick and sticky!) I have heard that Redidrops (chloramphenicol) are ok to give torts. Do you know? I have some of that in the house because I need it for my cat, he has to have a drop every day. Won't use it instead at the moment though, even if you think it would be ok, better just leave her without any thing for a day or two as the vet suggested do you think?

You don't think she has that 'hex.....' (can't spell it!) virus do you? She came from goodness knows where. Thats what the pm was about, all the latest news with the licence. I really have no idea of her exact age or where she came from.
All I can say is don't panick Mr. Mannering!!!!!!
I am really worried about her though.

Thankyou for your message thismorning.

Pam

P.S. TALK ABOUT PANIC! Goodness knows what you all of me. That I'm daft I suspect. Well, its mid afternoon now and Rocket seems more like her old self. She's been out for her usual trundle around the kitchen and has also eaten....oh and done a wee!
If anyone feels like telling me that I really AM a panic artist, then feel free!!! (I can take it on the chin.)

#7 Guest_pixiemoon_*

Guest_pixiemoon_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:21 PM

I dont know about panic artist and many more people can advise you on here eyes better than i can-but i can tell one thing..youre one hell of a torti mummy!hahaha.Rocket is so lucky to have you!:)

#8 Guest_rockette_*

Guest_rockette_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:11 PM

Hi there Pixiemoon,

You did cheer me up and make me laugh! Ummmmmmm.... I think I will change my user name to 'torti mummy'!

Pam

#9 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:15 PM

Hi Pam

I sent you a message about the hemp, did you get it?
Just want to make sure rocket is ok as he seems poorly.
Hope he gets better soon

Annette :)

#10 Guest_rockette_*

Guest_rockette_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:27 PM

Hello Annette,

Didn't get your message about the hemp. When did you post it? What did you say? Not to worry too much though because I,ve ordered some anyway, from shelled warriors.

Been getting myself into a bit if a stew the last couple of days over Rocket but she seems fine today. However her eyes are still a bit wonky. She is better in herself today, eating well etc.

Just read your mess about Daisys foot. Strangely enough, Rocket has one funny toenail on her back leg. I think it must have got caught somewhere, outside maybe, during last summer and its short and all growing sideways! But doesn't seem to be causing her any problems. Don't worry to much about Daisys toes,someone will give you some good advice. What would we do without Jade, Nina & Arnie & everyone else to help us out!

Going to sort out the tortoise trust course this weekend. Are you going to do it? I think Loopey Las said she was.

Pam

#11 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:10 PM

Hi pam

I was just comfirming that the hemp from shelled warriors is aubiose hemp. Mine arrived but the bags are quite small so may it be quite a pricey thing but our torts are worth it.

Yeah im doing the tort course but am going to start it after xmas so i can concentrate on it 100%. Am going to register next week and start it 2nd jan. We can help each other out.

Everyone on here is amazing, everyones help has got me through my panic times with daisy. Shes loads better now and is eating well. She does sleep alot still but thats the time of year i think.

Hope Rocket is ok

Annette :)

#12 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:53 PM

If she is not looking so good ask the vet for some Tiacil eye drops, I know these and they are good.
Not sticky either
In fact I would just go in and tell the receptionist the problem and ask if the vet will give you Tiacil, at least that way you might save on another consultant fee and Tiacil about 7, it's a small bottle, but good
Arnie

http://www.linpaul.c...ar/preview.html

#13 Guest_rockette_*

Guest_rockette_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:00 PM

Hello Arnie,

Thankyou for advice. Her eyes are looking really good thismorning! So I'm feeling a lot better about the situation. However, I will def have a go at getting some Tiacil drops as you suggested. (Don't know if they will let me have some without seeing the vet, they're a bit mean sometimes, but as they've seen her recently I may get lucky). Then I'll have them here to use if I need too. I'm hoping that today is a good sign and that the mix of cod liver oil and 'sticky' drops have done the trick!!! If it hasn't will use some Tiacil.

As always thanks a lot. (course, keep you posted!)

Pam

#14 Guest_rockette_*

Guest_rockette_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:59 AM

Hi Arnie,

Eyes still not bad at all, but will proceed as planned to get some Tiacil just in case. Will see how it goes over the next day or two ( it will take me that long to get hold of the Tiacil I suspect.)

Pam

#15 Guest_rockette_*

Guest_rockette_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2006 - 12:05 PM

Hello Annette,

I still haven't signed up for the course either. Good idea perhaps to wait till after Xmas. Great to get together over any problems we have doing it! I will definately keep you to that. Let you know when I get started.

Hoping hemp will arrive any day now. Thanks for info about it.

Pam

P.S. Hope Daisy is ok. Think she is heaps better now. Good isn't it !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users