Urgent - Dying Hermanns tortoise

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:35 PM

Hi

I had to give my tort baytril but she wouldnt take it orally so i had to get her injected each day for 5 days by the vet. They dont like doing it in young torts but daisy was ok.

Glad TT is on the mend.

Annette :)

#22 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:15 PM

Hi

I haven't done it other than to check mouths for hibernation although my firend has showed me how to stick a tube down. I think its prob as the vet said tho. Probably easier if you have someone to hold her while you open. Sit on a chair with the tort straight up between your knees - tail pointing to the ground head to the ceiling. Then using your thumb and middle finger squeeze just behind the ears. The tube goes to the back and to the tortoises left (if this is the wrong side please correct me :D ) and then the tube should slide down nively. Warning - the torotise will give you evil looks for a while after :)

I'm so glad ur little tort is ok. I had andy's email from the tortoise course im doing, was amazed at how quick he responded :D

Jade

#23 Guest_cueboy_*

Guest_cueboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:34 PM

Thanks Jade!
Last night, I was holding TT between my knees, upside down, and I had to force open her mouse, she wasn't happy at all. If she could talk, I'm sure she won't talk to me again :-)

I'm scard of squeezing behind the ears, in case I injure her, I try from the beak.

I'm going back to the vet tomorrow, and the vet will show me how to do injections.

TT started to eat some dandelions last night, I was so excited, she's definitely much better, she wakes up at 8 and I play with her a bit before I go to work.

I'll let you know of any change.

#24 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:19 PM

Hi

TT sounds like hes getting better already. Its awful having to treat torts, i hated daisy having her injections and she wasnt happy withn me for days but think she forgiven me know. Hope TT gets 100% well soon

Annette :)

#25 Guest_cueboy_*

Guest_cueboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:44 PM

TT is much better, started to eat more, and moving around more.

I'm still feeding her Baytril one day and injection every other day. I'll continue the treatment for another week, to make sure she's completely healthy.

I'm thinking to get a bigger tortoise table, mine is only 100cm X 40cm, I'm looking at converting one of my old bookshelves.

#26 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:12 PM

Oh, that's brilliant! So glad to hear that TT is better

Nina
P.S. We'd better change the title of this thread because TT is obviously very much alive and going to stay that way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users