worried about daisy may

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:50 AM

Hi all

Hope everyone & their torts had good xmas.
Am a little worried about daisy as she seems to be sneezing on a morning when i feed her and today a few bubbles came out of her nostrills. She is sleeping all the time and only wakes when i wake her up on a morning for food and a night to play with. I feel if i didnt wake her she would stay asleep forever.
She is eating ok, just florette lettuce tho and i gave her a piece if cucumber on xmas day. I bath her every other day.
Is there anything i can do?
She sits under her heat lamp at times but then moves into the cool part of her box to sleep so i think the temps are ok

Annette :)

#2 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:15 PM

Hi Annette

I think it sound slike runny nose syndrome, I would take her to the vets and get her on baytril :) Your heat is fine, remember u saying about it before :) Your a good little tort mummy :) Hope u had a good xmas

Jade

#3 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:53 PM

Hi Jade

Thanks for the reply. Poor little thing, she will be sick of baytril but will take her tomorrow.
Is it ok that i wake her etc as i feel if i left her she would sleep forever. Shes fine when i wake her, she eats etc and sunbathes for a while and i even get her out and she sits with me and watches tv and has a cuddle.

#4 Guest_rockette_*

Guest_rockette_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

Hello Annette,

Hope you had a lovely Christmas, but really wanted to say how sorry I am that that Daisy doesn't seem too well again. You're not having much luck are you! Just do as Jade says and take her to the vet as soon as poss.
Be thinking of you.

Pam

#5 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:57 PM

Hi Annette

Was she on baytril before? if so give her a few weeks gap before putting her on it again but take her to the vet. Yes waking is fine just keep her feeding and continue the baths :)

#6 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:39 PM

Hello Annette
She must have cleared at least 2 weeks before another course of Baytril, and it's back to the old, keep her warm 24/7.
Poor Daisy, she's not having much luck is she,
You will get her right I'm sure,
Arnie

#7 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:54 AM

Hi all

I rang the vets and every animal in my area must be poorly as they are full till tomorrow so have booked her in for then. She finished her last course of baytril 4 weeks ago so she should be ok to have more.
She didnt sneeze last night or this morning when i woke her and she ate some florette and calcium but then went back to bed for another sleep. Her right eye seemed to open alot later than her left eye and looks a little runny so will mention this as well to the vet. Shes eating well tho and still has a play as normal. Am keeping her nice & warm and have put the red lamp on again during the night.

Got my calandar by the way and i LOVE IT!!!!

#8 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:38 AM

Hello Annette
Glad Daisy is eating well
And also glad you received your calendar,
We have a few left in anyone is interested
http://www.linpaul.c...ar/preview.html
Arnie

#9 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:19 PM

Hi all

Daisy seems a bit better now. She has stopped sneezing and was a bit more active than usual yesterday. She is eating good and seems a lot happier. Ive been putting the red light on through the night for her and a little heater which seems to help her. back at the vets in a few days for last check up but just wanted to say shes on the mend.

#10 Guest_rockette_*

Guest_rockette_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:05 PM

Hello Annette,

Was going to send you a pm, but won't worry for a minute as you say that Daisy seems a lot better. Thats great news!

Happy New Year to you.

Pam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users