Daisy has bladder stones

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:54 PM

Hi

Ive tried to take a photo of daisys x-ray but its not worked very well. You can sort of see the 2 stones inside her.
Hope you can make sense of it but its hard to take a photo of an x-ray.

Annette :D

#22 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:20 PM

Bless, her - Daisy seems to have come up trumps (with you and Arnie as her saviours)!
Yes, I can see the two stones on your photo of the x-ray, and it does look like one is a lot bigger than the other, so maybe they've both come out now. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, and well done, supertort Mum!

Nina

#23 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:33 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-01-07 AT 10:38 PM (GMT)]Hello Annette
I've found the x-ray lets hope it uploads
Arnie

#24 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:45 PM

I'll try again :-)
Arnie

#25 Guest_annette_harris_*

Guest_annette_harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2007 - 02:55 PM

Hi to all

Daisy went to the vets and has been given the all clear :D
I took the stones that she passed with me to the vet and the vet wasnt 100% convinced they were bladder stones. She thinks it could be the oyster shell that she had in her table. If anyone else has a baby tort and has oyster shell in their table i wouldnt use it as theres a chance Daisy has eaten 2 pieces and all this pain and illness has been caused from them.
Anyway, ive taken the oyster shell out just incase and she has eaten some watercress and florette today and has had a little walk around the house. She did have a wee which i think was a bit sore for her but im not suprised after poo'ing 2 stones out!!!
The vet gave her a check up and tested her for parasites and shes fine. The vet was worried that her weight is a little low so i need to feed her up a bit.

Im alot happier today and glad that daisy didnt have to have any ops. Thanks to everyone for your advice and to arnie who is my lifesaver at times :D

Thats a clear photo arnie!! That stone looks really big, the poor tort :(

Annette & Daisy :)

#26 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:39 PM

Well, Annette, haven't you and Daisy been through a lot! I'm so glad that she's well now and just needs feeding up a bit. And that's great news about the parasites too. Sounds like Daisy has no excuse for giving you any worries now.

Nina

#27 Guest_rockette_*

Guest_rockette_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

Hello Annette,

I have just posted a message on your other link, and now I've found this you have answered all the things I was wondering about. Yes you are right, without the help from Arnie poor Daisy may not have come through this. Thankyou Arnie!

Its an important message to warn about not using the oyster shells isn't it. It is a worry. I noticed last summer, when mine were outside eating weeds etc in the enclosure that they would pick up all sorts in thier mouths, besides the weeds I mean, while they were eating. Like bits of grit and earthy bits etc.

Anywsy I am SO pleased for you that Daisy is on the mend.

Pam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users