Poorly eyes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MontyMatilda_*

Guest_MontyMatilda_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

We have two hermanns tortoise's Monty and Matilda (hence the name)and have had them both now for around a year. I stumbled upon this site and it has answered so many questions for us.

I am a little concerened about Monty as he seems to be struggling with his vision. Some days are better than others, he seems to struggle seeing his food and generally navigating around obstacles. Matilda's eyes are black whereas Monty's seem like they have a white covering over them, is this normal? And does he have an infection? Is there anything i can give him to relieve the problem?

By reading this site i understand that hermanns are prone to eye problems? if anyone has got any advice then i would really aprecciate it, thanx

:-) :-) :-)

#2 Guest_Lilly1_*

Guest_Lilly1_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:01 PM

Hi
i really am not to sure what this means but you should probably go to the vets and get it looked at:)
Sorry if this advice is not really that good:7
lilly :)

#3 Guest_MontyMatilda_*

Guest_MontyMatilda_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:42 PM

Im grateful for any advice, so thanx. Im gonna make an appointment and take him to the vets. After posting my concern i read that cod liver oil is ok to apply to Monty's eyes, do you think i should try this? or just take him to the vets first?

:-) :-) :-)

#4 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

Hi,

I think cod liver oil is applied if the tortoises has sticky eyes, but it does sound like yours might have a vision problem. I wouldn't put anything on his eyes until you see the vet, because this doesn't sound like a case of gungy eyes to me (although I don't think the cod liver oil would hurt him). Do let us know how you get on. I know of several people who have blind tortoises, and they are raising them successfully.

Nina
http://pets.groups.y...rotectionGroup/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users