really really worried

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_GeorgieGal_*

Guest_GeorgieGal_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:14 AM

I gave pip a bath yesterday and i remember seeing a subject called ,"bathing" and someone said , 2if your torts wee is white and gritty, heshe has a little problem.
Well good on you who can anwser this...pip did have a little bit og gritty wee, but the rest was GREEN.
help help help help pleassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee!

Georgia,11 years old
:) :(

#2 Guest_Caroline McI_*

Guest_Caroline McI_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

Hi Georgia, you sound like you love Pip alot. I just wondered, although it might sound silly, was it definitely his/her urine? Could it have been diarrhoea?

I'm still learning myself but this came to mind when I read your thread.

#3 Guest_GeorgieGal_*

Guest_GeorgieGal_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:39 AM

His poos are brown and thick(ewww)but i am not sure.
Ithourght it was urine because it was thin and flowing, and yes i really do love him alot.

Georgia,11 years old.
:+ :+

#4 Guest_Henry_Flash_*

Guest_Henry_Flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:21 AM

Hi Georgia,

The white stuff was the tortoises urates. Its how the tortoise getsa rid of uric acid from the body. Its perfectly normal. If its a little gritty it means you need to bath pip a little more often until its of a creamy consistency.

Peter
1.2.1 Hermanns
1.3.0 ibera
1.1.0 graeca graeca
1.0.0 Horsfield
1.0.0 Marginated
http://pets.groups.y...arginata-world/
http://pets.groups.y...rotectionGroup/

#5 Guest_Caroline McI_*

Guest_Caroline McI_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:25 AM

Henry, I think Georgia was worried about the green colour, I couldn't answer that one, maybe you have an idea?

#6 Guest_Henry_Flash_*

Guest_Henry_Flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:42 AM

What do you feed pip?

Peter
1.2.1 Hermanns
1.1.0 ibera
1.0.0 graeca graeca
1.0.0 Horsfield
1.0.0 Marginated
http://pets.groups.y...arginata-world/
http://pets.groups.y...rotectionGroup/

#7 Guest_GeorgieGal_*

Guest_GeorgieGal_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:02 AM

he eats grass,clovers, salad, fruit

Georgia,11
:+ :+

#8 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

Cut out the salad and fruit.

Continue with the grass and clover but also feed dandelions, plantain, milk thistle etc. The T-lady has an edible plant list and if you search the forum loads have people have added links :)

It is more than likely the problem is due to the fruit in pips diet. Hope this helps

#9 Guest_Caroline McI_*

Guest_Caroline McI_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:01 PM

Hi Georgia, I was just looking through some things and found this by chance, I noticed it because it mentioned about the green urine, which was your question. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to Pip but it might just help.

Hexamita: Is highly contagious and identified from a urine sample. Symptoms include Strong smelling urine, Dark green urine sometimes flecked with blood, excessive thirst, anorexia and fluid retention, weight loss.

If this sounds like Pip, maybe some of the people on here who are more experienced than I am could advise you on what to do, but I'd say it would require a vet if this is what Pip has.

#10 Guest_funkyzebra_*

Guest_funkyzebra_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:19 PM

Hexamita: Is highly contagious and identified from a urine sample. Symptoms include Strong smelling urine, Dark green urine sometimes flecked with blood, excessive thirst, anorexia and fluid retention, weight loss.

yes i read that too Caroline, its was on the TT link i posted earlier.
Its def a trip to the vets if it as not cleared up by changing the diet or the other symptoms are present.
Take a urine sample to the vets with you.
You may want to take a sample of faeces too so you can get any other problems sorted at the same time.
Sarah

#11 Guest_Caroline McI_*

Guest_Caroline McI_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

Sarah, I didn't want to alarm Georgia with her being 11yrs old but felt I should post that in case it helps. If it does I'm glad I saw it. There has been so much to learn on here, and thank goodness :-)

#12 Guest_funkyzebra_*

Guest_funkyzebra_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:17 PM

Sarah, I didn't want to alarm Georgia with her being 11yrs old but felt I should post that in case it helps. If it does I'm glad I saw it. There has been so much to learn on here, and thank goodness :-)

Lol, Im such a doughnut sometimes, i thought the 11years old was refering to the tortoise.lol
ok going to get my head fixed now.lol
Sarh

#13 Guest_GeorgieGal_*

Guest_GeorgieGal_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:36 AM

Thank you all, but where is the earest yet as i live in Herefordshire.

Georgia
:) :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users