Hermann has a sore mouth

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_phil21_*

Guest_phil21_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:31 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 04-06-07 AT 04:33 PM (GMT)]not sure if he has cut hmself or has a sore. He has been eating fine this morning on pansy leafs and clover, with a small amount of limestone sprinkled on top. I saw something stuck to his mouth after he had eaten, so tried to move it off him and it was a little bit gooey on his mouth.

i came home from work and he had a little patch that looked swollen/scabby. this was only a small part of his mouth. So i bathed him and it looked worse after i took him out. It seem to have gone down a since, but i dont want to touch it in case it is a cut, so it can heal. Could it be a reaction even to a food or lime?

Other than that, he is the same active 1yr old tort he has always been, which is a good sign.

Anyone with any experience of what it could be?

*sorry, didnt mean to post it twice. con someone delete one of them

#2 Guest_funkyzebra_*

Guest_funkyzebra_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

Hi,
Its unlikely to be a reaction to food or limestone flour, there could be a few reasons for the sore patch e.g a scatch, shedding or even dried food but it will heal quickly so dont worry he will be ok.
If you do want to dab it with something i recommend Betadine.

Diluted: Mix 50/50 with water or until resembles weak black tea and apply wtih cotton bud to cuts.

Hope this helps

sarah

#3 Guest_phil21_*

Guest_phil21_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:45 AM

Thanks for the advice. he is looking a lot better this morning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users