Chipped shell

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Smileyk_*

Guest_Smileyk_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:36 PM

Penny had a scraped a bit off her shell and it's pale now. Let me explain, Penny likes to climb and she was trying to climb and squeeze past a rock. She scraped the top of her shell and as a result had two spots (about half a centimetre each) which are now a cream colour rather than the colour of the rest of her shell. I've kept an eye on it and it's hard and not flaking or anything but I was wondering if this was normal or something I need to keep an eye on?

She's chipped little bits off her shell in the past but I haven't seen a scrape like this before.

Thanks

#2 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

Penny had a scraped a bit off her shell and it's pale now. Let me explain, Penny likes to climb and she was trying to climb and squeeze past a rock. She scraped the top of her shell and as a result had two spots (about half a centimetre each) which are now a cream colour rather than the colour of the rest of her shell. I've kept an eye on it and it's hard and not flaking or anything but I was wondering if this was normal or something I need to keep an eye on?

She's chipped little bits off her shell in the past but I haven't seen a scrape like this before.

Thanks

:) i hope penny is okay,she sounds just like hermi,he loves climbing on the pebbles and getting in tight squeezy places,what characters they are
If you are not sure if i was you i would phone a vet and ask advise ,its best to be on the safe side,good luck hope penny is okay
jay and hermi:P

#3 Guest_Jo_1984_*

Guest_Jo_1984_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

You could always bathe with betadine maybe just to be on the safe side?
Jo x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users