- - - - -

first time out all night

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_LuvMyTortoise_*

Guest_LuvMyTortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:39 PM

OH my goodness,,,,what a cute tortoise and a wonderful outdoor home!!!

Great job!!

~~Lorrie :)

#22 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:44 PM

Great looking enclosure, Nicky! And the photo of Sheldon eating must be the most colourful and appetising lunch I've ever seen!

Nina
http://pets.groups.y...rotectionGroup/
http://pets.groups.y...roup/Turtlesco/

#23 Guest_nickyt_*

Guest_nickyt_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:54 PM

Thankyou for all your kind comments,i'm really made up you all like my torty enclosure,and sheldon is a real sweety.
Had a bit of a disaster :'( we had really heavy rain all day yesterday and even heavier last night,when i went to see sheldon this morning he was in his little hut soaking wet and really cold.I put him straight inside in his torty table under his lamp to warm him up,looks like he will have to stay in until this really wet weather has passedx(
I was thinking of changing his wooden hut for a plastic storage box with a door cut in it but i am wandering whether he would get to hot in it when the sun starts shining again,at least he would be drier:P
I was even going to get a shower curtain and put it over the lid above his little hut to try and keep the rain out!!!!!!!oh dear!!!!:)

nicky

#24 Guest_BUDHA_*

Guest_BUDHA_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:11 PM

Hi Nicky you sound as bad as me !! When I put my 2 rascals outside and if i think it is going to rain i put the sun parasol over their enclosure!! lol Kerry Zippy & Bungle xxx

#25 Guest_nickyt_*

Guest_nickyt_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:46 PM

Thats a good idea, hadn't thought of that one:P
I really dont know how to keep him dry,he cant go back outside until i have sorted out his housex(
I am going to have to start a new title otherwise these posts are going to be right down the bottom of the page:7 :) :7
Does anyone know if a large plastic box would be safe. I would put a proper hutch in if i could but the enclosure sides arent high enough.

nicky:-)

#26 Guest_sarahlou_*

Guest_sarahlou_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:24 PM

wow your enclosure is cool,thats 1 lucky/loved tort lol. Ide be like you if i put toby outside all night,ide be constantly worrying.just go with your gut instinct on wat you wanna do :) thats wat i do and it aint failed me yet :)

#27 Guest_nickyt_*

Guest_nickyt_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:01 PM

glad you like the enclosure,spent an absolute fortune on plants but he is so worth it and next year i will be more organised and will grow them from seed as was a bit too late this year,the seeds i have planted will be flowering when he is hibernating:P

#28 Guest_ian130366_*

Guest_ian130366_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:41 AM

your outdoor enclosure looks really good, why not just staple a sheet of perspex over the area where his enclosure is to keep it dry? as for bringing them in when it rains, mine have been out since mid april - much to their disgust!! just check they are in their enclosure at night to keep them dry. I do have an temperature sensor in there linked to the bedroom with an alarm to go off if it drops below 7 degrees though.

#29 Guest_nickyt_*

Guest_nickyt_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

I did think about putting perspex or similar over his enclosure but i had a brain wave :7 i have bought a small oblong bin and have put it on its side,tilted slightly so the rain wont run in.with sheldons bedding at the far end he should stay nice and dry and he has an entrance porch:P genious or what!!!!!!!:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users