NOT EATING

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_chrissy_*

Guest_chrissy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:34 AM

I have a two year old Hermann and he seem to have gone right off his food. He does not eat anything at the moment and Im really worried. As he is not eating I do not notice any stools in his cage. I want to take him to the vet and live in Hitchin Herts, any idea what I can do.

Chrissy:(

#2 Guest_luckyuk_*

Guest_luckyuk_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:06 PM

Hiya,
Have you tried soaking him in warm water for about twenty mins, he might just be constipated and need a little help.
Sarah

#3 Guest_BUDHA_*

Guest_BUDHA_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hiya,
Have you tried soaking him in warm water for about twenty mins, he might just be constipated and need a little help.
Sarah

Hi i also give my babes a bath every day and when their poo is a bit hard I also give them a half slice of cucumber just to give them a little more hydration Lol Kerry Zippy & Bungle xxx

#4 Guest_lou lou_*

Guest_lou lou_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:04 PM

Is he going outside in the sunny weather? If so he could be eating outside so not really wanting/needing the food you are offering?

#5 Guest_Huw94_*

Guest_Huw94_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:39 PM

HI
HAD THE SAME WITH MY TORTOISE TOBY IT MAY BE WORMS HAVE YOU WORMED HIM LATELY THE VET RECOMENDS TWICE PER YEAR!
TO HELP THE CONSTIPATION PUT A DROP OF VEGETABLE OIL ON HIS FAVORITE FOOD IF HE WILL EAT ON IN HIS MOUTH IF HE WON'T
MY TORTIOSE DID NOT GO FOR A WEEK I DID THIS AND HE WENT THREE TIMES IN 24 HOURS.
CHERRS
HUW;)

#6 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:04 PM

Hi Chrissy can you tell us how long it is that your tort has not been eating? They do have the ability to manage for some time without food if they have to, but you are right to be concerend about a loss of apetite. A bath often does perk up a tort and encourage him to eat, also this is important for the hydration. If your tort is not eating his weeds he won't be getting any moisture from the leaves, so I do suggest bathing daily. Even when they don't drink the water they soak some in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users