Worming

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_amc_*

Guest_amc_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:50 PM

I have a twelve month old Hermann. Do they need to be wormed by a vet? if not how do I do it and where is the best place to get a suitable wormer from?

#2 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:58 PM

Hi

to be honest i wouldnt worm unless you can actually see worm in the faeces. saying this some people worm once a year which i do but not ith my 1yr old. and others worm twice a year (month after hibernation and about 6wks before hibernation)

the worming stuff you want your vet to use is called panacur. mine is 10% formula which means that for every 1kg they require 1ml of the stuff so you can imagine a 1yr old who probably only weighs about 30g doesnt need that much at all :D

#3 Guest_squirrelann_*

Guest_squirrelann_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

Ive never wormed any of mine, I feel that as long as the tort is healthy, eating, drinking well, not losing weight, hasn,t been where it could get infected, or seen worms in their poo then they will build up a good immune system and best left alone but a lot of owners do worm, I read somewhere that pumpkin is a natural wormer and I did give them some when they were on sale last halloween but also that carrot is supposed to have the same effect I don,t know how effective they are but can,t do any harm, there must be other natural foods that can be used maybe as part of the diet, worth looking into.

#4 Guest_andrew b 1_*

Guest_andrew b 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

im having my two wormed today lol,
just to make sure that they dont get worms or anything, matrix had a saline injection and both have had vitamin B's aswell

#5 Guest_Annecaroline_*

Guest_Annecaroline_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:23 PM

Sorry if i'm having a stupid moment, what does that saline injection do? I haven't heard of that (i know what saline is) and am interested.

Anne

#6 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:26 PM

i've never heard of torts being given a saline injection.

anybody else?

#7 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

Ooh, no. I've not heard of that either. Please Andrew can you enlighten us....

#8 Guest_ellie_*

Guest_ellie_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:01 PM

Me neither .!!

I think saline is used to keep you hydrated.

I think.!!

AC Highfield book should cover that question

ell :D

#9 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:08 AM

yeah was goin gto look it up in there, i just need to find the book in the bob site that is my room :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users