holes in side of face

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_angela petrakis_*

Guest_angela petrakis_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:58 PM

hi there i am new to this site so not sure how it all works but here i go i have two tortises one male on female . on the female one about 2 cms away from the noise she has a hole which starts from the mought ans goes a little way up i would say half a centermeter on both sides it has not stopped her eattin in any way but just a bit worried as she has never had them before and my male does not have them i cant provied any photos as they are living at my mums as i dont have a garden for them i do hope some one can help me with this many thanks angela:(

#2 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:40 AM

Hi Angela

welcome to the site. I'm afraid without a photo I can't really say much as its difficult to picture the problem. Is there anyway you can take a photo when you go to your mums house? We can talk you through how to post the picture if you have trouble.

Whereabouts in the country are you?

#3 Guest_angela petrakis_*

Guest_angela petrakis_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

i will try i am in paignton in devon when we have had a closer look it likes like the holes in her nose have opened some how

#4 Guest_ellie_*

Guest_ellie_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

Hi Angela

Im no expert but i have the A.C Highfield practical encyclopedia and in there is a section of pictures with diagnosis.

From what you are saying it sounds to me that it could be 'perforated abscess' , these can occur on the nose and even the ear. Esecially if you notice mucus.

A trip to the vets would be better.

Dont want to scare you just thought id share what i looked up.

El :(

#5 Guest_angela petrakis_*

Guest_angela petrakis_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

no mucus at all just clen holes

#6 Guest_angela petrakis_*

Guest_angela petrakis_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:54 PM

i got my tortoise out and had a really good look at her face it is not the nostrils at all it it the side of her face like where her cheeks are but it has not got any bigger over the past week but i have spoken to a pet shop in my local aera the breads tortoise and he has given me the vet he uses and told me to try them as he was very good so fingers crossed it is nothing bad

#7 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:04 PM

Hi Angela,

Just wondering if you got your tortoise to a vet, and what the diagnosis was.

Nina
http://pets.groups.y...rotectionGroup/
http://pets.groups.y...roup/Turtlesco/

#8 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 15-08-07 AT 12:31 PM (GMT)]Hello Angela
It could just be a birth defect. one of my adult males has broke a v shape into the side of his mouth and he lives happily with it, no problems, have you just noticed the holes or have they always been there and how old is the tortoise
Arnie

#9 Guest_GeorgieGal_*

Guest_GeorgieGal_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:11 PM

arnie, you know everything about tortoises, if you dont mind me asking, how old are you?

georgia
xxxxxxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users