Flies

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_brer_*

Guest_brer_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:23 PM

Going to start a new topic here and I may sound a bit crazy but hey...what's new?!! :+

I was thinkin'...if a tort table is open topped...how do you keep flies from going in?

~ Claire

#2 Guest_squirrelann_*

Guest_squirrelann_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

I,ve hardley ever seen any flies either outside or in unless you leave food to go off or their poos in the enclosure, torts don,t smell or mess much so I don,t think theres a lot for flies to be attracted to, I pick up any poo I find and throw any uneaten food away and its fine,

#3 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:01 AM

same :) the only time ive had flies was actually when i kept them in a viv yrs ago, fruit flies were everywhere :(

#4 Guest_andrew b 1_*

Guest_andrew b 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:18 AM

i havnt seen many flies either, only in the outdoor enclosure but i put an incense stick up to stop them from going in....may not be the best thing for tortoises oops :) ... or invest in a chameleon? :7

#5 Guest_squirrelann_*

Guest_squirrelann_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:31 AM

I think that flies must be mostly attracted to animals with fur as we don,t get them around the birds either, birds don,t give off a smell anymore than reptiles so maybe thats why plus they don,t eat meat so their poo perhaps isn,t very tasty to a fly.

#6 Guest_ellie_*

Guest_ellie_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:44 PM

Like everyone says just old food and poop is the attraction. As far as the torts go i guess they would come across flies in the wild and it doesnt bother them too much.!!!!:7

El

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users