eye stuck shut.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ellie_*

Guest_ellie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

Hi all

Anyone know why my torts one i has been a bit stuck shut this morning and yesterday morning. The past two days he has been up quite late. Is it just sleep in his eye or possible infection.?

I was jujst going to bath his eye with some cotton wool when it opened. I dont know maybe he is just winking at me.

Any ideas.????

Ellie:7

#2 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

Hi

how is his behaviour at the moment apart from getting up quite late, is he acting normal?

Yeah just carefully bathe the eye with warm water and a cotton bud.

#3 Guest_ellie_*

Guest_ellie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:41 PM

He seems ok. Had a bit of a nibble now and then. He normally is dug in asleep buy the time i get home from work. About 5. I dont know what time he usually gets up because i have already gone to work but i pop home at around 1 and he is up messing around or basking. Its only been the past couple of days that he has stayed dug in. Maybe he is in a strop because he has been outside so much with the good weather we have had the last few days, nows its raining and not so warm i kept him in.???

Can they have moods as such.??

Another thought i had is maybe he could have scratched his eye whilst he was out or even in his table. ??

el:D

#4 Guest_tortgal_*

Guest_tortgal_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:59 PM

Hi Ellie,

Its posssible that some of the substrate is irritating his eye. Are u using sand and top soil? make sure that its 60% top soil as too much sand will easily find its way into his eye. Also you should spray his substrate daily if you can with water. This keeps it damp and less likely to stick in his eye. Also after bathing make sure he is dry before being put back into the enclosure. Otherwise substrate will stick to his wet arms and he may rub his face, irritating his eyes again.

Usually failing to open one eye with the other is a sign that it may be a little irritated

#5 Guest_ellie_*

Guest_ellie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

Ok thanks

No i dont use soil and sand. Will keep an eye on it and see what happens.!!

ellie:7

#6 Guest_ellie_*

Guest_ellie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

pardon the punn!!!
el;)

#7 Guest_maz_*

Guest_maz_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:18 PM

Hi Ellie,
Sounds a bit like me in the morning cant get the old eyes open either;) but agree that there might be something in it, I would just bathe with lukewarm water and see how things go:)
Many regards
Maz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users