hermann tortoise eggs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jasmine2005_*

Guest_jasmine2005_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:58 PM

hello i would like to know why my tortoise eggs are not fertile can anybody help me out please thank you JAZ X

#2 Guest_lorrylou_*

Guest_lorrylou_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:14 PM

Hi, I have not been in your position yet but from what I have read, the female does 'test' layings of infertile eggs. In the future the female will lay fertile eggs assuming that they have mated with a male and do not have any kind of reproductive problmes. So the laying of infertile eggs doesnt always mean there is any problem. Hope this helps a bit.

#3 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:54 PM

yes agree

also its not necesarily a reproductive problem i think sometimes males and females dont always mate effectively. My friend has a spur that is mated every year by her male and every year she lays infertile eggs. Just be patient it might happen it may never happen, just have to wait and see :D

#4 Guest_jasmine2005_*

Guest_jasmine2005_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:34 PM

hi thanks for getting back to me,i will just have to wait JAZ X:)

#5 Guest_jasmine2005_*

Guest_jasmine2005_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:32 PM

hello and many thanks for getting back to me on this matter,my female tortoise laid 5 eggs six months ago,and they were all infertile,and now she as laid another 4 eggs and they are all infertile,i will just have to wait,thank you for replying JAZ X :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users