she doesnt want to slow down...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_aureil_*

Guest_aureil_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:45 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 19-11-07 AT 03:46 PM (GMT)]Hey, Cynthia my 3 years tortoise (going for her 3rd hibernation) is not getting into the mood of going to sleep for the next 3 months at all...It almost seems that this past summer she became a much vigorous and juvenile one. (she grew quite a bit). Anyhow I am doing everything I done for the last 2 years , week by week, lights/heat food reduction, baths....
4th week......She is still up and about....What's up with this girl???
My house is ok warm but is not super warm...nothing different from previous years except for Cynthia's size....

#2 Guest_j_langrish_*

Guest_j_langrish_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:09 PM

A larger tortoise can hold its body heat for longer so perhaps its warm enough for her to keep going. It also takes longer for a larger tortoise to warm up. If its her forth week i'd leave her outside all day (it'd have to be somewhere were she couldn't eat anything), providing her somewhere dry of course, even outside over night if the temps arent too much less than 5 degrees. Otherwise you could put her in the fridge at night and put her back outside in the morning. I dont think bringing her back inside at night when temps in the house are likely to be higher than the daytime temperautes outside is a good idea.

Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users