regulating fridge temp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_joanne5848_*

Guest_joanne5848_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:09 PM

hi everyone,

i'm really struggling with regulating my fridge temperature. i've just set up a mini fridge (14L) and i'm using a digital thermometer which can be read from the outside of the fridge. i have put the hibernation box in the fridge along with some water filled bottles to try and rise the temp. the temp at first is about 6 degrees when i check it in the morning, but later on in the day it's dropping below 0. should i fill the fridge with more containers? i need help keeping the temp at a steady rate without it dropping during the day. as i'm at work it's really hard for me to keep an eye on this. Toby is going to hibernate in just over a week and i'm really starting to worry now. please can anyone help,

joanne

#2 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:15 PM

Hi jo, thats exactly what happened with my chiller fridge - I ended up going out a few days before my torts went in and bought a larder fridge!!! Feel so much happier now!

#3 Guest_jem_*

Guest_jem_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:49 AM

Hi Joanne,
I also have a chiller fridge I will be using for the first time this year. I have set mine up with the container they will be sleeping in with the soil, sand and thermometer in, on the main wire shelf. I have also filled another large container with lid to the top with water and placed this on the 'base' of the fridge - it covers the entire space. I have freezer blocks either side of the sleeping container. The little fridge is keeping between 2.9 degrees and 5.5 degrees (min and max) but mainly around 3 degrees. I hope this is ok, if I'm wrong please someone let me know!
Jem

#4 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

it needs to really be around 4-6 with 5 being the best.I think its said that between 3(min) & 7 (max)is the 'guidelines'.(Mine had a tendency to drop to freezing despite the fact the it's insructions say it didn't freeze! Yes I did try different thermometers) See if you can get it up a bit higher by adding more bottles/containers. I couldn't thats why I gave in, though last year it was fine. You could also try moving it to a different room. Maybe the room temp is slightly cooler - that would affect it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users