Fridge method

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_victor22_*

Guest_victor22_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:06 AM

Does anyone use their own fridge, or do you all have separate fridges. The little fridges seem a bit hit and miss and to run a larger fridge for one tortoise seems a bit wasteful, but is it unhygenic to put him in the bottom of the food fridge.
I have just started run-down for Jan/Feb hibernation, but I'm a bit worried that the temperature in the South might not be cold enough.

#2 Guest_lorrylou_*

Guest_lorrylou_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:11 PM

Hi Lin

Yes I think its not so easy to get a consistent temp with the smaller fridges. I used one last year and it was alright but the temp did go up and down a fair bit depending if the heating was on etc.

I'm not hibernating this year for health reasons but I'm going to use a normal larder fridge next time. (I haven't told my partner yet). I agree its a waste in some ways because of the space the fridge is going to take up. I reckoned it was OK to put things like unopened bottles/ cans of beer in there alongside the torts.

You could always get some more torts !

Ozric

#3 Guest_squirrelann_*

Guest_squirrelann_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

I got my fridge from freecycle, its totally free so if it didn't hold temps then I'd lost nothing, but its working fine and is about 5c, well worth a look, freecycle.org.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users