hibernation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_lorcan 2006_*

Guest_lorcan 2006_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:19 PM

Hi im now at the stage of putting lorcan in the cool room for 24hrs before i put him in the box method. my only concern is that i wa going to put him in my cellar but the temp is at highest 10c but never drops below 7c - is it going to be too hot for him?

i didn't want to put him outside as the temp is so unpredictable and i work during the day so i need to make sure the temp is stable.
what do youy suggest - should i put him outside for a few weeks or leave him in the cellar as planned? He is very peacful and hasn't been moving around since i put him in the cellar last night. this is my first year hibernating him so im quite worried, he is about 1 1/2 yrs old and was hibernated last year.

thankyou for any help or advice you give me
mary

#2 Guest_squirrelann_*

Guest_squirrelann_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

I ended up having to fridge mine as they weren't going to sleep deep enough in our garage and I think unless they do they are using up to many reserves, theres just to much fluctuation in the temps at the moment when it did drop they would settle but then if the weather turned warmer again they would wake up not a risk I was prepared to take.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users