tortoise table

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jackyboy_*

Guest_jackyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:27 PM

i have had my tortoises for well over a year now and still havent got round to buying them a proper tortoise table, they are currently in a vivarium still and they are ecomi too big for it, havent had the time to make my own and not very good at the whole DIY thing...does anyone know a good website i can buy a big tortoise table for my two 3yr olds. thanks x

#2 Guest_lorrylou_*

Guest_lorrylou_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

Hi there Jacky.

There are ready made tables that you can buy and if you search the internet I'm sure you'll find some e.g. through pet supplies companies. I don't know of any particular one thats reckoned to be good. Some people use a rabbit cage or similar item. If you don't feel up to making one maybe there is somobody you know who would do it for you.

http://www.tortoiset...rtoisetable.htm

If you go to this address above, there is a design and instructions for making a table that is quite easy.

#3 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:41 AM

Hi,

There are loads on ebay and some of the other forums sell them as well. You're cheepest option would be to make one yourself. I made one out of an old bookshelf (from 1964 may I add!!! ;) ) that the caretaker at my sons school was chucking out. You can look on sites like Freeads (google it to find site) for any one who is getting rid of a bookshelf or simular and convert it into a tort table - its really easy!!.

(If you live in Surrey area you can have mine as I'm looking for a new home to GIVE it to! lol!!)

I have just bought rabbit cages for mine as I'm limited in space. They are easier to place than a table (hence why I'm getting rid of my table!) There is a shop on ebay that sells these really cheep - I've just bought a 120cm one for £32 plus postage! (the 100cm one is £49.99 in Pets@home!!!!) If you want the details PM me.

#4 Guest_Shelly41_*

Guest_Shelly41_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:30 PM

Hi, I was just catching up on the recent posts and I noticed that you have a tortoise table which you are replacing with rabbit hutches. I too am limited for space but was wondering whether you still have the table and if it is still available. Do you have the measurements. If not, what sort of hutches have you got for them and how does that work with lighting etc as I could look into that for my torts due to space problems as well. Thanks .

Shelly41

#5 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:59 PM

Hi Shelly,

Sorry found a new home for my tort tables. I got two rabbit cages. One is 80cm x 50cm - which is fine for my hatchling and cost 29.99 (I think - may have been 39.99)from pets@home. BUT after I found a shop on ebay and got a bigger one which is 120cm x 50cm and cost 32.50 = postage 9.95. By the far the cheepest for the size! The 100cm one from pets@home is 49.99!!!!!!!! SO worth shopping about!

Here's the link for the ebay one;

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...3QQcmdZViewItem

I haven't set the big one up yet as torts in hibernation but the smaller one I've just put a hanging basket bracket above the cage and hung the light fixing from there. I can't put a picture on as I have a new version of windows (VISTA) which isn't compatable withh the XP image resizer! If you want a photo of set-up emailed let me know..

hope this helps!

#6 Guest_Shelly41_*

Guest_Shelly41_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:21 PM

Hi, thankyou for your help. I am going to have a search on ebay.

Shelly

#7 Guest_daveuk_*

Guest_daveuk_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

Hi Jackyboy,
i got my tortoise table from the link below. mine measures 48"x30"x10" but they will make them to size. please note though that the heatlamp attachment shown on the photo is not included anymore. (i use a zoomed clip on holder on the side of the table) i hope this helps.

http://www.petzoo.co...products_id=274

p.s. you can also choose the material colour/style too. very posh eh. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users