HELP He wont eat

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_valery_*

Guest_valery_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

My thoughts exactly!! I was following the thread and wincing and gradually, reading all your guys replies, I started heaving a sigh of relief and then CAT FOOD! Yikes!
There is so much good advice as already given on the website connections. Cat food is a no no and I live in Lincolnshire and my babies are sticking their snouts into dandelion flowers and dandelions, plantain, clover etc. Also, they love basking under the light bulb and the UV lamp during the daylight. Into the peat/sand mix at night for a good snooze! On the slate pad in the morning waiting for breakfast! Sometimes we part hide it so they have to go looking.
Please read the info on tort care - nowhere do this species eat meat to the best of my knowledge. Go looking for the weeds - you will find them. One place I have found is at the base of churches. there, they are protected from the bad weather.
Hope the feeding continues!

#22 Guest_Highlight_*

Guest_Highlight_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:54 PM

Glad eating is happening again, but I have to agree with Valerie re the cat food. Seems a good tip that weeds may be available around churches, they would be unlikely to be contaminated by car fumes as a generalism, as well as picking Jake (our tort) wild weeds from local fields, I grow my own from seed which is really easy and proved to be very useful, there is a tort mix seed available, that is the one I went for.

All the best

Helen of Leicester :-)

#23 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

Hi all
GREAT NEWS!!!
Pip has eaten a little bit of cat food and a lot of florreti salard.
So thank you ever so much!!

Georgia
xxxxxxx

I'm sorry Georgia but I don't see that eating cat food is good news! If you was a strict vegitarian how would you like it if someone shovelled meat in your mouth??

You asked for advice, you were given it (see here and your other thread 'uv light') and then you go against it..... people can only help you so much :-(

#24 Guest_Mich_*

Guest_Mich_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:34 PM

Oh my goodness!

What ever next - CATFOOD????

Please take the time to read up what a tortoise diet consists of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users