shell rot

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:50 PM

Though I'd post some pictures for information purposes. The 1st picture shows old, probably not active shell rot. The 2nd a pinkish tinge which Hettie is going in for tests about next Tuesday. The vet says that if it is sceptecemia Hettie is an unusual case because by this stage he would expect to see her with head and limbs weak in a very sorry state. Hettie however remains active, especially in this recent hot weather, is eating and drinking as usual.

Paula x

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Hettie @ Jul 29 2008, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though I'd post some pictures for information purposes. The 1st picture shows old, probably not active shell rot. The 2nd a pinkish tinge which Hettie is going in for tests about next Tuesday. The vet says that if it is sceptecemia Hettie is an unusual case because by this stage he would expect to see her with head and limbs weak in a very sorry state. Hettie however remains active, especially in this recent hot weather, is eating and drinking as usual.

Paula x

cant see the pics paula.can you send some more please.i have seen somthing on one of my new torts but looks old not sure though.can you see on this pic?not very clear

Attached Files

#3 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

Just seen the date of your post Paula. I'm glad Hettie's not poorly again.

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:21 PM

So am I Lin, it was a horrible time for Hettie, I felt awful as a new keeper I had just thought it was her colouring.... sad.gif

I hope your little chap is ok Bruce.

Hettie had shell rot cut out of both sides. The 1st pic was the worst side, the shell has a pinkish tinge, I read also that shell rot had a smell, when I gave her a sniff it was pongy.
The 2nd pic bottom row of scutes 5/6 from the front was another small patch also cut out.
The 3rd pic shows old and no longer active shell rot. Even today she still has the epoxy resin on her shell as it heals underneath. My daughter thinks she looks as if she has been 'wheel balanced'.

I had some links to shell rot saved, I will have a look for them.

Paula x

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:27 PM

Really hope this isn't what the little fella has, unsure.gif

http://www.tortoiset...s/shellrot.html

http://www.veterinar...p...;A=1371&S=4

Paula x

#6 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

it dose look the same but it dosent smell.it mite be old.will have to ask the breeder i got her from.how did she get rid and how much did it cost you paula?thanks

#7 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

will PM you!

Paula x

#8 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

some better pics

Attached Files