Hibernation again

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ellie_*

Guest_ellie_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:53 AM

Hi all

Was just wondering when do you decide to put them into whatever they are hibernating in and put them away. How do you know that they wont wake up. Will they dig themselves in deep before hand.?

Thanks

#2 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:36 PM

If the preperation is done properly then your torts should sleep right through until woken.

I'm not sure how much you know, so I won't go through preperation unless you ask! :P Don't wanna teach you to suck eggs and all that!!!!

#3 Guest_ellie_*

Guest_ellie_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

I think im up to speed on prep really. I have been looking on TLady site. But please comment if you like.

Cheers

#4 Guest_lorrylou_*

Guest_lorrylou_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

If the temperature is kept around the right area the tortoise will not wake up. Where temperatures go about 10C this can cause the tortoise to wake up and move about. When your tort goes down to sleep he should be really inactive but sometimes they do move about a little to begin with.

What I do is to use a container with a lid on (with holes) so there is no possibility of the animal climbing out. But basically if you keep the temp around 5C they don't wake up and move about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users