Woke up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JOHN R_*

Guest_JOHN R_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:52 PM

Hello folks,
On checking today my fridged torts, i found one was awake. Therefore i removed her from fridge and have placed her under a heat lamp. Do i keep her "warmed up" with no food for at least the next week and then decrease light and heat and try again?. Thanks John R

#2 Guest_victor22_*

Guest_victor22_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:28 PM

They do take a few days to finally go to sleep, so just leave them in there. Did you wind them down for 4 weeks with no food to let them empty their systems?

#3 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

Hello folks,
On checking today my fridged torts, i found one was awake. Therefore i removed her from fridge and have placed her under a heat lamp. Do i keep her "warmed up" with no food for at least the next week and then decrease light and heat and try again?. Thanks John R

My advice would be if you have bought your tort out of hibernation DO NOT put her back in, you will have to over winter her. Feed her straight away and put her lamps on full. Make sure you bath her as well to rehydrate her.

Torts will wake occassionally, if they do, check they haven't wee'd and also check your temps, if both ok then leave them in there, they will go back to sleep. Apparently they spend quite a bit of time during hibernation awake...

#4 Guest_lorrylou_*

Guest_lorrylou_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:26 AM

Hi John, this tort might have been fine is she had been left in the cool. They can be a little restless especially at first. Now that you have got her up though, I think it would be tricky to wind her back down again. On the safe side, I personally would keep this tort up now. Hope it goes well whatever you decide. Ozric

#5 Guest_JOHN R_*

Guest_JOHN R_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:42 PM

O.K,
Thanks for the help folks, I will keep her up this year and her husband will have to "kip" on his own. Sometimes it`s nice to have the bed all to yourself. Ha ha. John R ;-)

#6 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

Right well you know what that means then....we expect you to be a regular on here over the winter months keeping us updated on both their progress's!! Tee-hee!!!!! :7 ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users