• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:50 PM

Hi Dan heres four more meds for you see what you think
1st one male i think anamurensis
2nd one female possible main land ibera (big tortoise)
3rd one female i think anamurensis
4th one female ?

#2 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:06 PM

I love the facial expression on the first tortoise, such a cutie.:)

#3 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:11 PM

Thats Tommy he's a great character one of those chase and bite you tortoise's hibernateing at the moment

#4 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:13 PM

yeah, we have a few of those monsters, don't they just seem to love causing pain lol:)

#5 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:17 PM

1st mainland ibera
2nd anamurensis
3rd mainland ibera
4th Eastern Turkey ibera, very close to what is now considered to be true ibera from Russia, so probably from the border.

#6 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:38 PM

Thats great Dan when the rest come out of hibernation i'll send you some more pics ,so would you think the male 1st pic is able to be paired to the 4th tortoises or is there regional variation to different

#7 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:49 PM

The 1st and the 3rd would make a good pair. I think there is to much variation for 1 and 4 to make a good pair.
I can't wait til Spring now :D

#8 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:01 PM

A friend of mine has a large collection of med spurs she doesn't breed them but its worth you having a look at them see what you think i'll try get photos some time this week ,also i'm getting two 1 1/2 year old spurs on saturday do you think you could i.d them at that age ,they are both originally wild caught so don't no were they are from just no they are med spurs been illegally brought into the uk from tiny hatchlings

#9 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

I can give it my best shot :D . Yeah maybe she has something good you could trade for :7

#10 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:17 PM

Well i need a male now for that 4th female have two females of that type both came in together ,if she has one i'm sure she will borrow him out for stud don't really want to take on another male, the baby torts that are arriving wont be staying there for rehomeing once they have been checked over Blonde Sarah has ear marked one if her female turns out to be the same type you will have to identify hers for her when she gets back from her hols

#11 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:55 PM

No problem be glad to.

#12 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:26 PM

Hiya dan here are a few pictures of my greek tango

#13 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:38 PM

Hi Sarah
I hope you had a great vacation :D . She looks great. Like Darren's female number 4 above, she's an ibera from Eastern Turkey. The new Greeks that Darren just got, the dark one would make a good match to yours. Now thats hope it's a male :P

#14 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:45 PM

Hiya yeah i had a great time, got some pictures of egyptian tortoises and a story to go with it but i will post that tomorow when i have the pictures. Just come back from darrens and he gave me the dark greek, he/she is so cute. Thanks for the ID

#15 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:58 PM

Your welcome. I can't wait for the pictures and the story about the egyptians. The dark one is very cute :D

#16 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:13 PM

Well the new dark spur now called fanta has settled in really well. he has a warm up this morning ate some weeds and carrot at 2.00 and has now gone to sleep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users