• Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:50 PM

1st male is an ibera from European mainland
2nd male looks like ibera from western Turkey

#22 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:54 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 28-12-05 AT 08:55 PM (GMT)]Gee Dan you are so knowledgeable:)

#23 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:01 PM

Nice one Dan very much appreciated the last one has been said to be testudo gracea gracea what do you see to say ibera compared to graeca

#24 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

This is a male T. g. graeca I got this year. Notice the yellow on the top and sides of the head. The legs front and back have a fair amount of yellow. The head is slightly smaller too.

#25 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:14 PM

Understood thank you if you don't mind i'm going through some more pics for you to identifiy for me , to be honest Dan you should right a book on med identification or a photo guide to med torts it would very much appreciated by many i'm sure .
Some sort of photo guide to med torts is deffinately needed plenty of information on tort captive care but nothing on what your careing for

#26 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:31 PM

No problem keep the pictures coming. I really like identifying Greeks :D or any Testudo for that matter. Even more fun when you come across one you can't identify :D. Like this guy

He's got a brownish head and legs. Narrow nuchal scute. A supracaudal that doesn't turn under at all. Yellow shell with brownish spots, the shape of which reminds me of Kinixys belliana.
He doesn't look like anything I have or have seen.
Yes a book would be loads of fun to do and I'm sure I will if I can find the time :7 .

#27 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:39 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 28-12-05 AT 09:40 PM (GMT)]Well if you don't no who will but it does look like one of the morrocan testudo graeca g that came illegally into the uk in 1995 some looked very similar to this animal , where did you aquire it from .
Found some more pics i think they are all anamurensis though except one looks ibera i will post them on a new thread tomorrow for you no time now got to prepare animal food for morning working again tomorrow had my christmas hols now

#28 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:05 PM

He came into the US this year. I got him from a dealer this summer. He came to me as a "golden" along with a pair of "Israeli form" greeks and a T. terrestris male. Here are all 4 of them

No problem this ones getting pretty long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users