- - - - -

Tunisian Greeks

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:26 PM

It must be picture day :7 . My 2 Tunisian greeks, Testudo graeca nabeulensis.

#2 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:29 PM

What lovely tortoises, really beautiful.:)

#3 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:48 PM

So true omare i too have a pair of these they are beautiful torts thanks Dan

#4 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:12 PM

Here is mine, she is called pee pee because every time you pick her up she wee's on you lol

#5 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:18 PM

She looks good Sarah :D . I love the name, but my 2 don't do that :P

#6 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:11 PM

Just wanted to know dan what you feed your Tunisian and what housing do you have for them?
Mine has a diet of weeds in the summer and when i can get them. In the winter she has carrot, little gem lettuce, cos and romanian lettuce, small amounts of green and tomato rolled in limestone flour.
Also she is housed in a huge vivarium as you see in the picture she is in the left hand corner, the glass doors have been taken off, she is on 50/50 play sand and top soil. she has a paving slab on the right hand corner for climbing and to file her claws down.
I hope to get some more Tunisians they are lovely tortoises.

#7 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:24 PM

The diet is just about the same. Though during the winter I can get dandelion greens at the grocery store. I also get curly endive and escarole. I give corn and green beans as well. Mine are both seperate, they stressed each other. They're in 2' X 4' containers, with finely shredded aspen for bedding. I would love to find some more too. The person I got them from didn't know what they were.
How big is your female? My female is 10 cm and the male is 9.5 cm.

#8 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

She is 9.5cm and keeps growing. she eats so much. I changed her diet over a year ago to weeds with limestone flour and in the picture you can see where her shell has gone flat, I really urge people to feed any type of tortoise on weeds and use limestone flour to put on their food every day, it has done wonders for my pee pee lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users