- - - - -

Another new horsfeild

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:59 PM

Well i got the other female from the pet shop, Andy and I gave them lots of advice and now they have split the leopards and hermanns, they have made it so they tortoises cannot see out of the vivarium, they have changed the diet, the woman in the shop even picked some weeds from her garden, they are getting some limestone flour.
Here are some pictures and a picture of them both in the bath.
I even give them this forum address and they showed me pictures they have printed out of my tortoise tub.
The new female is 4 1/4 inches and teh woman int he shop told me she has been sulking ever since i took the other one.

#2 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:24 PM

well just got the new tortoise out of the bath and gave her a bit of a scrub as she had poo stuck on her and most of her underneath is pinky red. looks like she had been kept on a heat mat poor thing

#3 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:05 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 14-01-06 AT 04:21 PM (GMT)]Well done again sarah nice pair of females you have now im sure you will breed from them in time glad to here the pet shop has taken your advise very few would do that

#4 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:05 PM

The new female looks good Sarah, she doesn't look lumpy to me :D . You'll have her straightened out in no time. I'm glad the petshop is taking your advise. Hopefully they'll pass on what they're learning to potential buyers. Keep up the good work and yes tortoises are addictive, just look at me :D .

#5 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:27 PM

Thanks darren and dan, im gald they took my advice, they also passed my number on to a guy who went into the pet shop and wanted info on tortoises, he rang me up and said that the pet shop told him that he needed a vivarium that would cost him 250.

#6 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

Well i'm sure you put him straight there Sarah

#7 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:42 PM

I sure did.

#8 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:37 PM

More cuties Sarah, really lovely:)

#9 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:47 PM

Thank you, we are trying to think of a name for the new one they other one is called Tamara, any suggestions? cannot believe i have 13 tortoises

#10 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:53 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 14-01-06 AT 07:58 PM (GMT)]How bout Tallulah or Zola, as in Budd the runner, get it!. You aint gonna stop at 13 Tortoises honey, unlucky number, better carry on, 19 sounds better lol:)

#11 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

lol i probably will have more, i just have the tortoise bug now. I will only have more if i have the room. Just been on another reptile site some one is selling two four year old horsfeilds for 70 in leeds tho, but im skint

#12 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:06 PM

It is female right? Thinking up those names for ya.:)

#13 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:26 PM

Tallulah, Zola, Pebbles, Bella, Tequila, Malibu, Harriet, Pandora, Puddles, Sushi, Chopstix, Noodle.lol:)

#14 Guest_Tomatillo_*

Guest_Tomatillo_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:33 PM

Hello Blondesarah
Congratulations on your two lovely new Russians.I'm sure Boris will be very happy to meet them when they have finished their quarantine. How about "Anya" i think that's a Russian girl name.By the way how did you find out that the pet shop had all those torts.I'm so glad you were able to afford the second little girl.I know they have found a perfect new home with you.They are very lucky torts.
Kind Regards
Laura (Tomatillo)

#15 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:46 PM

Hiya Laura thanks for the kind words, we havnt thought of a name yet we are too busy but Anya is a good one and all of omare's. We the pet shop is up the road from me and Andy and I went to Brimingham and on the way back we decided to pop in, i knew they has tortoises, but just wanted a nosey. Im sure i saw they horsfeilds many months back, anyway the reason i got them is because after speaking to Darren (piglet) after one of our many trips to his house he told me adult female horsfeilds are hard to come by (your fault darren lol) and she was perfect, so we went home and i decided to get her, and they let me have the other horsfeild cheap because i had the other one.
They had been fed for over a year on the wrong diet and kept in a vivarium with no ventilation, im now skint but glad I saved thease two. The pet shop also had loads of slovenian hermann tortoises, cherry heads, sub adult hermanns and leopards. However they have changed a few things such as their diet and they can no longer see out of the glass, the woman in the pet shop even picked some weeds for them all. I have given the pet shop this forum address and they have got lots of info they are also getting some limestone flour and selling it.

#16 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:52 PM

Great news Sarah, you deserve a lottery win now honey lol:)

#17 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:59 PM

I wish i'm dont extra days at work to pay for them. They are both eating great now I just need to get the large female xrayed now.

#18 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:17 PM

Blondesarah, you've forgot one of the best Russian female names! When Nikita Khruschev was head of the Soviet Union in the 60's, I remember his wife was called Nina. There couldn't be a better name than that.

Best wishes,
Nina

#19 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:53 PM

Great name we still havnt decided.

#20 Guest_kirsty10_*

Guest_kirsty10_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:50 PM

Natasha, Nadia, Anoushka.... Anoushka was the name of an old flat mate. She had 5 sisters and they were all called Russian names. Can't remember what the other 3 were called! Anastasia thats russian but its also the name of a rather badly dressed annoying whingy singer....maybe not then...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users