- - - - -

runy poo

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_davylee_*

Guest_davylee_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:51 PM

Have just started to give my horsfield lamba ear and lolo rosso as recomended, and she hasa started to have runny poo any advice highly apreciated.

#2 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:14 PM

Hi honey, try and get her some weeds, this will sort it out. How much of the lambs lettuce and rosso are you giving her each day and how old is she?:)

#3 Guest_davylee_*

Guest_davylee_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:38 PM

She is about 2.5 yrs old and she has been getting like 3 leafs on a morning and a couple of leafs of lolo rosso.
Can get some bishops purse from my walk with my dog and try some of that. Will give it a good wash before I feed it to her.

#4 Guest_amy_smith33_*

Guest_amy_smith33_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

Too much salady foods will make tortoise poo's runny. They need more fibre. Variety is needed.
Weeds are out there but you must look for them.

#5 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:53 PM

I agree with Amy their are weeds out their you just have to look for them. I mix romainan, little gem, cos lettuce, greens, chinese lettuce with weeds and give it to my horsfeilds covered in limestone flour mixed with nutrobal.

#6 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:06 AM

You should be able to find some weeds for 1 tort, I nearly flipped when I saw you mention Lambs ears, their is a plant called that and I'm not sure if it is safe. Dandelions are popping through ATM too
http://www.tortoises.net

There is a weed guide with photo's to help you recognise them. can I just say be careful where you pick them, doggy walks and road side polution must be avoided
Arnie

#7 Guest_davylee_*

Guest_davylee_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:28 PM

Sorry to cause a near heart atack it should have said Lambs Letuce.
Have found some weeds and some winter pansies as advised elsewhere. She loves the pansies!!!
Poo nearly normal since weeds.:7

#8 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:15 PM

Glad he is doing better, weeds really are the best.

#9 Guest_davylee_*

Guest_davylee_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:28 PM

Thanks
Have read in a post that winter pansies are ok for torts is that true once again conflicting posts.

#10 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:30 PM

Yes they are fine i got a bargin and brought a huge tray for 1 from B&Q, Ive planted them in my cherrys and horsfeilds enclosures and they can nibble away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users