- - - - -

A Variety Of Hatchlings.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:59 PM

These photos show just how many variations you can produce from 3 different Females (Ibera), oh and only 1 Male!. Obviously I tried to choose the ones which varied the greatest from each other, note the colouration of skin and also plastron on them...T.T.

#2 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:22 PM

Beautiful babies tt i have a similar result too from one male and three females but mine tend to be on the lighter side rather than darker i can't post such clear pictres as you but i will try tomorrow
Darren

#3 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:06 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 07-02-06 AT 09:07 PM (GMT)]Hi Darren, thanks for the compliment mate, I still maintain that a large percentage of hatchlings take after the mother for colour/pattern/appearence etc. I look forward to seeing your photos (good quality digital cameras are rather cheap these days!)...T.T.

#4 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:23 PM

Hi tt will post some of mine tomorrow i'm off work so it gives me a bit more time

#5 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:35 PM

Great photos T.T. Do they take after the females?

#6 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:59 PM

Great pictures honey, really lovely thanks for posting them.:)

#7 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:09 PM

Awwww,
They are absolutly Beautiful, You must be so proud!!:)

Yours
Joanne
X
www.tortoises.piczo.com
www.thetorthouse.piczo.com

#8 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:13 PM

Seeing as theres five of em you could always name them after the spice girls or if they're boys, after Boyzone when Ronan was around lol, er maybe not lol:)

#9 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:43 PM

Hi Joanne, thank you very much, I guess you could say proud, and a whole lot more!...T.T.

#10 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:34 PM

Hi Omare, many thanks, I am not really into girl/boy bands :7 , most of my Torts do not have names, and we try not to name the young ones, because like I say to my youngest daughter "We cannot keep them all" ;) ...T.T.

#11 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:18 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 08-02-06 AT 04:19 PM (GMT)]
Hi Omare, many thanks, I am not really into girl/boy bands :7 , most of my Torts do not have names, and we try not to name the young ones, because like I say to my youngest daughter "We cannot keep them all" ;) ...T.T.

No me neither honey, it was just the picture you posted was so cute, torts in a line and being five and all that calling them after a music band seemed the funniest thing to do. I agree though, if you can't keep them all it's best not to name them, children can become so attached to animals, give em a name and they are even more hooked lol :)

#12 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

Hi Omare, When I took the pic, I thought they would move around as usual, but they just sat in that position (all lined up), not for too long though! My daughter has given up counting them daily now, but she still asks me when one finds a new home!...T.T.

#13 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:23 PM

Hi Dan, thanks, I think they resemble the females far more than the male?!, I have dug up some older photos of the parents, the photos are approx. 5 years or older, I have also come across the only 2 plastron photos (My 2 largest females) I can find, do you want to see those aswell?...T.T.

#14 Guest_jeff_*

Guest_jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:59 PM

Hi there TT the torts are well nice,I like the ibera im thinking of getting a small group WELL DONE. jeff

#15 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:42 PM

Hi Jeff, cheers mate, we all say that at first! "I am thinking of getting a small group", then before you know it, theres Torts everywhere!:D good luck...T.T.

#16 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:45 PM

wow what lovely tortoise you have. How many tortoises do you have all togther?

#17 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:05 PM

Hi blondesarah, That is a very good question (How many Torts do I have?!)...hmmmmmmmmmm...well...17 adults and 1 five year old hibernating, then there is the dozen 18 month olds also now hibernating (4th week), then on to the babies...well there is lots of them!!!, I had a fantastic 2005 for hatchlings, I have only 5 Hermanns left, but 45 Iberas are still with me...I will let you do the maths!!!;) ...T.T.

#18 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:06 PM

wow thats alot of tortoises thought i was bad lol keep up the good work:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users