Another tortoise tub idea

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:29 PM

Bargain Sarah is here again

We changed the cherrys enclosure last night and we brought a under bed storage tub from B&Q that cost about 7.50 and it came with wheels which it thought was a really good idea if you took it outside for the summer as you could wheel it around your garden as the sun moves.

Anyway here are some more pictures

#2 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:34 PM

Another great ikea tub table sarah they are always so well furnished
Darren

#3 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:59 PM

And real easy to keep clean, great idea.:)

#4 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:02 PM

Thanks i like to keep it as nautral as possible, i plant pansies in all of my enclosures so that they can have a niblle when they want and they also love climbing over them so funny to watch

#5 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:07 PM

It looks great Sarah. You have the touch with finding tubs and bargins :7 .
Dan

#6 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:00 PM

Hi "Bargain Sarah", nice one, I was in B&Q the other day, looking at a similar tub, did you also see the black plastic shelf/rack for 20.00?...Thats another great setup you have there...T.T.

#7 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:04 PM

Yeah i have seen it, i have two set ups on a shelf to save space and two set ups on small table in my adult spur thighed enclosure, she likes walking underneath the table. Ansy and I always find ourselves walking around shops thinking could we use that for the tortoises, that all we think about tortoises tortoises tortoises they are so adictive.

#8 Guest_tortoise_lover_*

Guest_tortoise_lover_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

i have the same box

#9 Guest_davylee_*

Guest_davylee_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:29 PM

Hi have just bought one of those under bed storage things and will be using it for my Winnie's outside enclosure in the summer. Unfortunately I do not have a garden just a yard. But will make it as pleasent for her as possible.
Any ideas are verry welcome.

Dave

#10 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:38 PM

I will just be putting my tortoise tubs outside this summer for my babies as i am scared of losing them. I use hemp as a substrate for my meds and sand, soil and wood chippings for my reds and cherrys. I plant pansies in my enclosures (other plants can be used), they love climbing over them, so funny to watch.

#11 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:38 PM

What you could do dave is plant it up with aload of weeds bit like one of those fancy plant troughs except no fancy plants just weeds it will be home from home for your tort, mind you may have to make drainage holes in the bottom so it doesn't fill with water when it rains, when out picking weeds try lifting the whole plant danelions are the best for this then remove the leaves and plant the root it will regerminate in no time
Darren

#12 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:19 AM

Hi Dave,

Just an idea for making a tortoise enclosure in your yard. I've got a concrete area just outside my back door. I just took a corner of it and built a wall around the other two sides with bricks and things, making an area of about 10 ft by 7 ft, and then dumped lots of soil and sand in it to a depth of about two or three inches. Then I put in some paving stones, plants, and a little house, and it makes a great enclosure (and it means my horsefield can't burrow out). I've never tried to attach a picture before so it probably won't work, but here goes.

Nina

#13 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:07 PM

Hi Nina,
I Love yout outdoor enclosure it looks like a real good adventure out there I think its brilliant.;)
Thankyou very much for sharing your picture with us.
Its great to see new Ideas.;)

Yours
Calamity Jane
www.tortoises.piczo.com
www.thetorthouse.piczo.com
www.Testudo-hermanni-boettgeri.piczo.com
My Tortoises:
1.4.2 Hermanns

#14 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:54 AM

Thanks, Joanne. There's an area on the left where an aloe vera makes the top of a tunnel between the paving stones and the ground, and Boris loves to go through there. And he's especially fond of crawling up the soil in that big flowerpot on its side on the right and digging himself in. Sadly, the whole area looks rather run-down now, and I can't wait for the warm weather to come so I can get it into shape and get Boris out there.

Nina
P.S. Here's another picture of Boris heading for the little wooden house that I put in there for him.

#15 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:56 AM

Oops, forgot to add the picture to the message above. Here it is now -- I think.

Nina

#16 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:11 PM

It looks like heaven Nina,
Well done your tortoise will love it in there in the summer, I cant wait also for summer to come, Its nice to see them out in the fresh air.
Thankyou for posting your pictures They are Great!!:P

Yours
Calamity Jane
www.tortoises.piczo.com
www.thetorthouse.piczo.com
www.Testudo-hermanni-boettgeri.piczo.com
My Tortoises:
1.4.2 Hermanns

#17 Guest_veebee_*

Guest_veebee_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

Wow Nina that looks great, I cant wait to start landscaping mine a corner of the garden, I have so many plans in my mind, just wish the weather would pick up so I can start, its so frustrating.

Viv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users