- - - - -

look at my babes

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_jeff_*

Guest_jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:58 PM

HI Dan are you sure,i thought they were all males because they look like males.the other 2 are about 50mm long hope this helps.thanks Dan

#22 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:11 PM

3 is a male and 1 might be a male. I'm sure about 2 and 4 :D .
Your welcome

#23 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:17 PM

Here's the tail of an 80mm SCL male

#24 Guest_jeff_*

Guest_jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:44 AM

yes i see the tail is very long and tucked away,you see any other tortoise i can sex ok but these guys are so small.when i looked i could not see much diffrence between them,but i suppose you need to know what you are looking for.the little group is from 2 diffrent parents and i was going to have some more of them but never because i was so sure they were all males.when i purchased them i was told they were incubated at 30cel and i was reading some thing about a zoo hatch out some babes at this temp and were all males.so i did not get any more from them,i think i will give them a ring and get some more.Have you done any studyes on incubation temps thanks for your help jeff

#25 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:09 PM

From what I can tell Egyptians aren't temperature sex dependant. They are genetic, so a 2 egg clutch will get you a male and female no matter what temperature you hatch at. I've got males at 32C and a friend has gotten females at 28C. So there is no way they can be temperature sex dependant. A 1 egg clutch though could be anything. you could be unlucky enough to get 7 males in a row before you got a female. It does look like you might have 2.2. Do you know if any of yours were clutch mates and how the ones they still have are related to yours?
Dan

#26 Guest_jeff_*

Guest_jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

Hi Dan i have 4 hathclings and thay come from 2 diffrent pairs,2 came from 1 pair and 2 came from the over pair.so the others that thay have for sale will be related to the group that i have now, but my plans is to breed from the unrelated pairs.but i do need new blood other wise it will all stops there.you see i wont be able to breed from the hatchling in the futur other wise that will be inbreeding and thats a no no.jeff

#27 Guest_Tortille_*

Guest_Tortille_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:27 PM

jeff they are all so cute. I like egyptians but it is really hard to find them in Turkey. Sometimes I heard that some pet shops in İstanbul, bring some tortoises to İstanbul illegal ways. The only thing that I can, look at yours and the others pictures. So thanks for the pictures.

#28 Guest_jeff_*

Guest_jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

Hi tortille your welcome im glad you liked them.jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users