- - - - -

Disgusting pet shop

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:42 PM

To be honest i would have done the same thing now at least he can eat and settle into a new home with proper care good luck with him
Darren

#22 Guest_Tomatillo_*

Guest_Tomatillo_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

Hi Chelo's mum
I couldn't get the dreadfully sad image of this poor tort out of my head .I know there are plenty more torts in similar pitiful conditions but it is heartwarming to know there are decent people out there like yourself trying to make a difference.Don't beat yourself up about rescuing this poor tort I don't think there would be many people on here who would have been able to ignore it's plight .Hopefully your reports to the authorities will prove beneficial in drawing attention to the welfare of these animals in the future. Good Luck
Kind Regards
Laura(Tomatillo)

#23 Guest_Henry_Flash_*

Guest_Henry_Flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:47 PM

I would have probably bought him as well. At least now he has a good home with you. Good luck.

#24 Guest_AW1971_*

Guest_AW1971_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:42 PM

I`ve been following bobbys plight and i`m so happy now, what a very lucky tortoise he is and i think hes going to be so happy from now on. I wish there were more people in this world like you. ;)

#25 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:45 PM

Aww good on you, i brought two horsfield tortoises from a pet shop, they had been there for over a year and there diet and enclosure was appalling, so i had to get them as they were both female and i had a male.

#26 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:31 PM

aww bless another poor tortoise gets a fantastic new home.

Hes one lucky fellow

Darren

#27 Guest_veebee_*

Guest_veebee_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:12 PM

when I was following the thread I just wanted to tell you to go and buy him!!! He just tugged on the heart strings. Bet he is in heaven now!!

Out of interest are they expensive over there?

Viv

#28 Guest_Chelo Mum_*

Guest_Chelo Mum_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2006 - 03:23 AM

Not expensive at all. Bobby was about 18 pounds and I hated handing any money over to that pet shop. Chelo was a fiver. They're very affordable here and within the price bracket of impulse buys.

#29 Guest_GW_*

Guest_GW_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:14 AM

Aw well .. .. I would have done exactly the same. If fact I have done the same in the past, now I get them from people leaving the country. Local People here dont care about animal welfare, come to think about it they don;t treat people very well either so who going to care about a tortoise ??

On the subject of price, I got two 10Year old Leopard tortoise and the cost the original owner 70.00

Chelo - How's Chelo doing ? Can you give me the contact details of the vet casue of of my spur thighes has got RNS and I can't get rid of it with Baytril

#30 Guest_Chelo Mum_*

Guest_Chelo Mum_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:55 AM

Hi GW,

Chelo is hanging in there, slowly improving. It's frustrating but the vet assures me that tortoise recoveries are slow.

He's at the British Veterinary Centre in Abu Dhabi. Phone number is: 02 665 0085. Hope they can get rid of the RNS your spur thighs have got.

#31 Guest_mic263_*

Guest_mic263_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:42 AM

good for you Bobby looks very happy. i would have done the same. best wishes for a speedy recovery go to Chelo.

#32 Guest_Inca_*

Guest_Inca_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:31 PM

Hi Chelo's mum,

I know you shouldn't have, but I think I would have done the same. I kept looking at your photo you posted of him on the web, worrying about him cos he looked so thirsty.

Hope Chelos gets well soon, Love to new arrival Bobby too,

Inca

#33 Guest_Chelo Mum_*

Guest_Chelo Mum_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

Bobby is doing very well. He's very active and alert, practically running around the place. He's eating loads too, loves romaine lettuce and dandelion leaves. He's having a few strawbs as a treat tomorrow.

I will post some photos tomorrow.

:D

#34 Guest_Henry_Flash_*

Guest_Henry_Flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:16 PM

I'm glad bobby is well. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics

1.0.2 Hermanns

#35 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:55 PM

What a lovely ending, I was reading the whole post from start to finish and I had a tear im my eye :'( I would have done the same. Bobby is very lucky to have a great home and I'm sure you will have years of Joy. Keep up the great work. I just wish there was a happy ending to every poor torts life.
Good Luck!!! ;)

Yours
Calamity Jane :*
www.tortoises.piczo.com
www.thetorthouse.piczo.com
www.Testudo-hermanni-boettgeri.piczo.com
My Tortoises :D
2.3.2 Hermanns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users