- - - - -

Thinking of outside

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

Well finally we have some warm weather, whilst its no where near warm enough to put my tortys outside i am thinking about accomodation for the summer. I have cleared out the enclousre and dug it all over today so i have a blank canvas.

Does anyone have pics of thier outside enclosures so we can all get some ideas.

Rgds
darren

#2 Guest_mattgriffin1_*

Guest_mattgriffin1_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

It's great to get some sun isn't it, realy feels like spring is here. My torts were out most of the day yesterday and have been out all day today. They are only youngsters (up to 3 years) and I use a coldframe based enclosure for both species with heat and light which lead out to outside areas so they can choose where they want to be. I went out at 5.30pm and it was quite dull and damp but Boris (horsfield) was still out eating weeds and Horace (hermanns) was out hunting slugs. Still too cold for them be be out overnight of course. I reckon the best enclosures give them the choice of where they want to be with the option of going in and out to thermoregulate as they know best!

Matt.

#3 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:08 PM

Yeah mine is connected to my greenhouse so he can come and go but want to jazz up outside

Darren

#4 Guest_SueB_*

Guest_SueB_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:25 PM

Are we talking enclosures for hermanns here?
Sue

#5 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:30 PM

No Graeca Graeca...

I've seen some of your posts Sue, please be gentle with me - LOL

#6 Guest_Andy1_*

Guest_Andy1_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

Ive been outside working on mine today aswell

I use a greenhouse connected to a outside area ,and for the hermann females they also have access to a coldframe as a nesting area, and a wooden house also.

#7 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:03 AM

Wow, what a nice -- and big -- set-up. In that last picture, is that a little tunnel (going through the curved black pipe) into the coldframe? Looks great.

Nina

#8 Guest_SueB_*

Guest_SueB_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:18 AM

LOL - I think you must be referring to a different site Darren. When I mentioned species enclsoure pics I was just thinking of my russians as obviously they have a totally different set up than hermanns and spurs, being a tunneling species.
Re the other site - I did think of applying for a different sort of worm remover
Sue

#9 Guest_Andy1_*

Guest_Andy1_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:02 PM

Nina

Thanks ,, starting to take shape ,,need some more sun to get the plants to grow.

And yes it is a tunnel into the coldframe, in fact it is a ridge tile " roofing".

Regards Andy

#10 Guest_loopylucy1234567890_*

Guest_loopylucy1234567890_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

lovely enclosures Andy :-)

#11 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:39 AM

Hi Andy You have nice enclosures there!

Darren
I think you might have seen my outdoor pen but here is a few pics anyways, for those who haven't This year I am extending it To the side garden aswell so they will have even more space to roam and explore!! ;) ;) ;)

Yours
CJ
:P
www.tortoises.piczo.com
My Tortoises
2.3.2 Hermann's

#12 Guest_lepinsky_*

Guest_lepinsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:11 AM

I love your enclosure CJ! It looks like a posh garden6at a tortoise stately home . Am looking forward to seeing pics of the new enclosure.

Nina

#13 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:59 AM

Yes CJ I love you outdoor enclosure, my daughter has a playhouse just like yours, but i doubt she'll let me in - LOL

Rgds
Darren

#14 Guest_Andy1_*

Guest_Andy1_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:57 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 28-03-06 AT 10:58 PM (GMT)] CJ

Thanks,,, yours put mine to shame,,, fancy coming sorting mine out..LOL
Thanks Also loopylucy
Andy

#15 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:40 AM

No It doesn't lol I think yours is great!!
Anyways hopefully we are moving house soon so I will be able to create a even bigger and better one, I loved making that enclosure but I will enjoy Making my next one even more as you have give me some good ideas too. Thanks!!!! :7 :7 :7

Yours
CJ
:P
www.tortoises.piczo.com
My Tortoises
2.3.2 Hermann's

#16 Guest_tortoise_mad_*

Guest_tortoise_mad_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:47 AM

CJ, great enclosure..

0 user(s) are reading this topic