• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_xXFredaXx_*

Guest_xXFredaXx_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:52 PM

hiya im new :o
im Amy ive owned Freda for 6 years now and shes 7
i was wondering whether anyone knew what breed she is?
the pet shop owner did tell me but i forgot lol

pictures::D

thanks

xxx

#2 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:10 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 27-10-06 AT 09:11 PM (GMT)]Hello Amy
Your Tortoise is a Leopard Tortoise proper name is Geochelone Pardalis,
A non hibernating Tortoise that comes mainly from the bottom half of Africa, dry grassy planes, should not be fed shop greens but dry grasses such as Timothy hay

http://www.tortoiset...ng_leopard.html
Arnie

#3 Guest_veebee_*

Guest_veebee_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:02 AM

Hi, yes your tortoise is a leopard, what sort of set up do you keep it in, eg a torty box and what lighting do you have, also, what foods do you feed him/her, I ask as the torty does have quite considerable pyramiding of its shell (bumpy shell!)

Vivienne

#4 Guest_loopeylass_*

Guest_loopeylass_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:24 PM

hi agree your tort is a leopard tortoise, she is beautiful and you have had her a long time so she is obviously well loved, i would agree with vivienne though that she has a very large pyramiding thing going on with her shell, it may just be a good idea to get some expert advice on conditions in which her type of tortoise should be kept, this is not a criticism just hopefully some helpful advice. Leopard tortoise's are lovely i really want one but for me they are not feasable as they grow so big and i can't accomodate that size of a tortoise. Ah well i love my little Hermans. Welcoem to the site, i hope we can be of help

http://www.trippytex...9b96cb36658.gif[/IMG][/URL]

#5 Guest_veebee_*

Guest_veebee_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:01 PM

Hi Amy, Freda is gorgeous, and I too am desparately trying to keep my Leopards (I have 4)shells smooth, its a real challenge!! You may be interested to know that there is a Leopard site for leo keepers who all share their experiences, see:-

http://pets.groups.y...tortoise-uk/;-)

Vivienne

#6 Guest_lloyd_*

Guest_lloyd_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:22 PM

l.marsh
thats a beast

#7 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:28 PM

hi i keep several adult leopards myself these animals need access to graze and not just a cropped lawn they are like small cows and tend to spend a lot of time eating also any supplementary feed should be fresh weeds that had been dosed with limestone flour or ground cuttlefish bone, they would also benefit from the feed being dusted with nutrobal or vionate a couple of time per week.i find these torts benefit from exercise and once mine are warmed up if they want to eat they have to walk about 20 metres before they reach the grazeing area which is a bit wild and has various weeds like clover /sowthistle/mallow as well as grass.also i feel sure i have seen these pictures before have you posted on another forum or is it just my imagination.
terry

#8 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:00 PM

Hi Terrypin

Your garden sounds ideal tortoise terriorty :D

no they are just quite old photos but of course lloyd wanted to bring all the old posts back up to the top.

#9 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:45 PM

hi Jade i didnt read the date on the original post no wonder i thought i had seen them before my mistake.Lloyd i only post when i have something to say i just assumed everyone was the same.
terry

#10 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:00 PM

No I made the same misatke last week i kept looking at all these post thinking im sure ive seen and answered these before - i had :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users