new additions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Nefertari_*

Guest_Nefertari_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:00 PM

hi everyone.

i have 2 4 year old hermans, Harry and Hermione and have just rescued 2 more tortoises which I am pretty sure are African spurs, I have no history other than one of the 2 boys has been ,castrated. I have never heard of this, has anyone else.
Harry and Hermione are in a secure pen till they get bigger, but the new additions, Hagrid and Hufflepuff(did you guess I like Harry Potter yet!)roam free.

Can they live together ok and will the 'entire male try it on with Hermione when she is older.

Am I going to get fights...Help please!!

I have a large and very secure garden and so far when I let the little ones out supervised they all seem to ignore each other.

I am happy to say Hagrid and Hufflepuff are in heaven with sunshine and fresh food every day, thier last residence was in a hot as hell vivarium stuck in the back of a shed with the occasional lump of spinach chucked in and they were living on sand and it stank, well never again will my boys live like that.

Top lodgings and top nosh from now on.

I did report on the forum the untimely death last year of my 30 year old hermans, lawn mower accident, my hubby brought the 2 babies as he was so upset at what he had done as he knew I adored her, these 2 'rescue boys have so helped to heal the grief, if that does not sound silly.

Any comments would be apprciated.

Thanks folks

#2 Guest_leggy_*

Guest_leggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:36 PM

The Hermanns should not make contact with the spurs. normally 2 males will fight.As you say one has been castrated they may not so just keep an eye on them.also the entire male may pick on the neutered one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users