Guest_huntboyrob_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:04 PM

HI,CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHAT'S A GOOD WORMER TO USE ON MY TORT'S.(T.GG)THANKS

#2 Guest_leggy_*

Guest_leggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

Panicure probably spelt wrong lol. The one for puppys and kittens. Mine are only babys so i used a blob the size of a small pea on some cucumber. You need to repeat 2 weeks later

#3 Guest_ivyboo1108_*

Guest_ivyboo1108_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:56 PM

I had a baby tort that I took to the vet and they gave him panacur. Since then I have gotten a new one. I would like to de-worm this one and thought about doing it myself. Do you know where I can get it and how much to give. My tort is about 2 oz.

#4 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:58 AM

I would take it to the vets and get them to show you how to do it, not all vets are comfortable for people to do it themselves but you can ask. The bottle of panacur i got from my vet was 10.95 and they gave me a load of syringes and tubing as well. its 1ml per 1kg

#5 Guest_leggy_*

Guest_leggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:55 AM

You can buy the wormer at eny vets but only get the panacur puppy and kitten. Thers no need for tubing. Just put a small pea size bit on cucumber. I did my babys that are under a year and thay are fine. My tube was under 5.00. You will need to repeat in 2 weeks but ther was enouth in the tube for that

#6 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:23 PM

did u use the paste version though?

cos if you use the liquid one you wont be able to put it on a piece of cucumber cos it will run off and then you wont know the exact dose ur tort has had. I got tubing and syringes free with the panacur

#7 Guest_leggy_*

Guest_leggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:44 PM

It was the paste.It was very easy to do and did the trick.i got the advice from the rehoming lady from the tortoise sanctuary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users