- - - - -

Taking a tortoise abroad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_yellow shell_*

Guest_yellow shell_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:17 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 13-05-07 AT 12:17 PM (GMT)] We have a motorhome and are planning to go to France in July, However we have no-one to look after him and need to take our tortoise with us. Are there any regulations a tortoise abroad?

#2 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

funny you should ask that cos i was goin gto as well but found someone to look after my baby and my broether will look after the others.

I phoned defra about 3 months ago and they said i just needed to make sure i took my cities lisence with me. I didnt need to tell anyone on the ferry just if they found it and i was querstionned i had the paperwork to prove it.

However, phoned las tmonth just to confirm and the guy i spok eto said i didnt need to tell anyon eon the ferry or take paperwork but he would advise contacting the french embassy in london about it :S

So to be honest if ur goin gon the ferry i would just tuck him in his little box of aubiose and pop him in the car but make sure you take his paperwork. I would also make sure you have his fingerprints done to take with you and leave them behind as well (another proof thing)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users