- - - - -

PLEASE HELP leopard torts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_paul_tortoise_*

Guest_paul_tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 21-08-07 AT 03:55 PM (GMT)]hi ive got two leopards male and female about 5yrs old ish. i noticed today shes sticking her neck right out n making a kind of gasping noise with her mouth open i put in in some water she drank fine i fed her she eat find and didnt seem to do it when away from the male now shes back in her home shes climbing all over him and doing the same noises etc anyone any idea what this is all about hope shes ok!

#2 Guest_squirrelann_*

Guest_squirrelann_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:13 PM

Are you sure shes not a he, that sounds like male mating behaviour although I don,t know a lot about leopards but thats the sort of thing my male spur does when he,s in with the female, maybe she,s just feeling frisky.

#3 Guest_paul_tortoise_*

Guest_paul_tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:00 PM

i was told that she was a she n other a male although he aint the biggest of boys if he is male lol but she definatly small n stubbly where as hes got a small tail. i was just worried as she was making a gasping noise incase she had something stuck or anything like that.

#4 Guest_TPG_*

Guest_TPG_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

Paul,

Is he/she only making the noises when approaching your other tortoise?

Is he/she mounting the other?

It may be a mating or dominance thing females do mount other females , it's a case of sorting the pecking order.

TC
Darren

#5 Guest_paul_tortoise_*

Guest_paul_tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

making noises while mounted she mounting him if dominance u think i should seperate or will the be ok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users