nutrabol

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:00 PM

I had a query on the smell off nutrabol giving an odour, the company
said as long as it is kept dry it will last up to about nine months it gives off an odour after months due to some off the ingredients.
Jay and (h);-)

#2 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:43 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 26-10-07 AT 09:44 PM (GMT)]There are stickers on the bottom of the nutrobal containers giving the batch number and use by date - when buying make sure it has a good long date on it !!

These can be removed very simply so if there is no sticker err on the side of caution and dont buy..

Darren

#3 Guest_andrew b 1_*

Guest_andrew b 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:41 PM

my torts wont go near nutrobal for that reason, i use reptivite instead because it doesnt have a smell

#4 Guest_ellie_*

Guest_ellie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

not had a problem with that. My nutrabol smells but only like it did when i got it. Its never bothered my torts.

el

#5 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:28 PM

Yeah nutrabol has a funny smell anyway. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Either way just go by the sell by date.

Andrew I wouldnt use reptivite reguarly. Its very sugary i believe and should only be used for sick torts or torts who need stimulatig to eat.

Try and persist with the nutrabol.

I also use limestone flower and sometimes grate cuttle fish

#6 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:57 PM

Jade'
do you give limestone flour with the nutrabol? i have never given (H) limestone flour just nutrabol every other day and then i scrape cuttlefish over his food and also put a piece off cuttlefish in his home,do you recommend limestone flour,(H) eats all his food with the nutrabol he is a good eater.
All the family call hermie now (H) after we found out the news!
Jay and (H);-)

#7 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:29 AM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-12-07 AT 10:29 AM (GMT)]
"Andrew I wouldnt use reptivite reguarly. Its very sugary i believe and should only be used for sick torts or torts who need stimulatig to eat."

I think you have this mixed up with reptoboost which is a probiotic used to help boost reptiles eating - reptivite is has been developed by zoo med as a calcium/vitimin supplement to be used in much the same way as nutrobal !!

Darren

#8 Guest_pies_*

Guest_pies_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:54 PM

I can't say as I've stuck my nose in the Nutrabol, & I've never tried it on my full English either!!!
I do replace it after 6 months.
If you have trouble getting them to eat it, try a 'spoonfull of sugar', well actually a slice of cucumber, to be more precise.

I used to use Reptavite, but changed to Nutrabol on the advice of the vet. Reptavite is ok used once or twice a week, Nutrabol can be used daily, if required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users