- - - - -

help... shells getting softer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ivyboo1108_*

Guest_ivyboo1108_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:33 PM

I have 3 baby leopards and 2 of them seem to be getting soft shells mainly on the bottom. I read to give them sunlight but it is getting to cold to take them outside. They get calcium everyday on food and have a 10.0 uv strip light in the table along with their heat emitter and spot/heat lamp. What else can I do? Other than this they seem very healthy. Thank you!
Stephanie

#2 Guest_Jo_1984_*

Guest_Jo_1984_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:20 PM

Hi Stephanie
Do they have nutrobal as well as calcium? If not this could be the problem :)
Jo x

#3 Guest_ivyboo1108_*

Guest_ivyboo1108_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:53 PM

I do put calcium on their food everyday and I have something called TNT that I put on about 4 times a week. I have never tried nutrabol or the reptovite that I have seen people talk about. What is the difference between those two?

#4 Guest_jadums_*

Guest_jadums_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:09 PM

Reptivite is a kind of stimulus for a tort who is not eatin gor lackin gin some minerals. However it shouldnt be used reguarly.

nutrabol is a blend of vitamins, calcium and other minerals which should be sprinkled on food reguarly to rpovide torts with everything they need :) does your uv bulb have uva and uvb output?

#5 Guest_ivyboo1108_*

Guest_ivyboo1108_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 05:13 PM

I believe so. I have, I think its called 10.0 repti-sun strip light.

#6 Guest_pies_*

Guest_pies_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 12:48 PM

How old is this tube? They are generally ony good for about 6 months.
Is it too high? They are only effective over a very short distance.

#7 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 23-01-08 AT 11:07 AM (GMT)]Firstly i would seek the advice of a good reptile vet !

Clearly your tortoises are lacking, next look at the environment they are being kept in, your UV strip is ok providing your tortoises are able to bask and absorb the UV, how high is the strip form the tortoises ?

Somebody has already asked but yeap how old is your lamp and how long do you have it on ??

That trip to the vets is an important one though !!

darren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users