- - - - -

enclosure

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hollyj_*

Guest_hollyj_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

can someone post some pictures of their indoor tables for their tortoise. i have two in the same table they seem to like each other. they are eating now though which is good. they are eating like pigs.:-) just dont want them to get bored.
holly

#2 Guest_maz_*

Guest_maz_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

Hiya Holly:-)
What size is your table? I have mine in a 4ft6inch by 2ft 6in table which has a partition down the middle so they cant meet, I have to keep them apart for now as Mikey hasnt been well and the vet reccomended to split them up:-( I have rocks and hidey holes in so they can hide if they want and flat stones to scramble over, and they seem happy enough,sorry for not posting a photo I did try but it didnt work, dont know where I went wrong:-( maybe someone else will post you a photo ,
I hope so,
Love Maz xxxx:*

#3 Guest_ellie_*

Guest_ellie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:46 PM

Hi some pics.

Has changed a little since then but not much..............

;-) el

#4 Guest_mila 1_*

Guest_mila 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:27 AM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 21-12-07 AT 03:33 AM (GMT)]Hi Holly,
My hubby made me this wonderful tort table! the inside demensions are 5' x 3'. The substrate is a mixture of sand and top soil with pea gravel around the water bowl (to keep the dirt out) My two tortoises love it! I put in several hiding spots. It has two UVB/UVA florescent bulbs as well as a ceramic heat emitter and basking bulb at one end. I use the ceramic heat emitter at night during the winter because it get real cold in our livingroom at night.
April

#5 Guest_mila 1_*

Guest_mila 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:34 AM

Here is another picture:7

#6 Guest_mila 1_*

Guest_mila 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:40 AM

and another :7

#7 Guest_maz_*

Guest_maz_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:02 AM

Wow the table looks brilliant:-) what lucky torts you have. If you dont mind me asking what type of torts are they, they look lovely.:-)

love Maz

#8 Guest_mila 1_*

Guest_mila 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:31 PM

Well I know this is going to start a controversy about keeping two different tortoises together but here it goes. The small one is an Eastern Hermann, she (and I use the term temporarily) is 2 1/2 years old. She was my first tortoise. The larger one is a Russian that was given to me. This poor girl is around 4 to 5 years old and unfortunately has been fed the wrong diet most of her life. Her shell is deformed in the front and she was (is) seriously overwieght. I kept them apart for 6 months to make sure the new one was okay and then when my husband finished my table I decided to put them together. They have the same diet of weeds so I figured they would be okay. I have read all the other posts about keeping different breeds seperate but Oh, well. I watched them carefully to make sure there wasn't agression and at first Mila, my Hermanns was the agressor but then they settled down and get along fine now. I think they had to work out their pecking order LOL!

April

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users