- - - - -

not much food out there to pick

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:58 PM

hi,today is very cold and only managed to pick some dandelions,there is not much food out there to pick,luckily h loves pansy leaves which i have managed to keep from the frost and also he likes his little treats.:*
Jay and h :o

#2 Guest_maz_*

Guest_maz_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

Hi Jay, and H:-)
Same here, a few dandelions and plantain, (if lucky enough to find any)
I am bulking their food out with Romaine lettuce and grass:9 Pansies they are not too keen on and the violas which they like have all frosted off,soon be spring thank god, and all the yummy weeds will be growing again:D :*
love maz:-)

#3 Guest_yellow shell_*

Guest_yellow shell_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:12 PM

We are feeding out tort on lettuce, tomato and cucumber as we haven't had any dandelions yet.

#4 Guest_Jo_1984_*

Guest_Jo_1984_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:30 AM

Yellow shell, id leave out the tomato and cucumber and just stick to the cos/romaine mixed in with whatever weeds you can find. Otherwise you may find your torty gets a spot of diorreah :)
Jo x

#5 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

yellow shell,

my little tort h also loves watercress,cress rocket and spinach but only a little amount off spinach as it has a high content off oxalic acid.
Jay and h;)

#6 Guest_yellow shell_*

Guest_yellow shell_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

He doesn't eat much cucumber and tomato we just give it him as it has some water in it. he mostly eats lattuce and a bit of cabbage but feeds on weeds when we can get them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users