- - - - -

substrate back-2-nature

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

my local pet shop gave me some trial bags off back-2-nature to try for h for his bedding in his tabletop home and it is perfect,it is recycled paper product 100% environmentaly friendly and is perfect for reptiles birds mammals and rodents,h loves burrowing in it at the one end off his home and its non messy product,was considering sand and top soil until this product,highly reccommend trying if having any problems like i was having with little flies from the mulch bark,apparantley when i have finished my trial bags it is alot cheaper than hemp.
Jay and 'H':D :)

#2 Guest_maz_*

Guest_maz_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:55 PM

Hi Jay,
Maybe this paper substrate is comfy and H loves burrowing in it but please be careful that he doesnt push it under the heat lamp as there maybe is a possibility of catching fire, my woodbark nearly caught fire, I think we spoke of this in a previous post:( I still think the sand topsoil mix is the best.:-)
Love Maz:*

#3 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:43 PM

Hi Maz,
I remember you saying about the woodbark it is a worry about fires so i think that would be ideal as the deep bedding where no lights are and then the sand and top soil where the uvb strip light and the uva spot lights are,h loves burrowing in the deep end and then all off a sudden he will pop his head up and when you call his name he comes across and climbs up and rests his little head up on the surround ,my husband has had to adjust his tabletop home as he was on the verge off escaping every day over the top.
hope everything is well with your tort
Jay and h:D :)

#4 Guest_maz_*

Guest_maz_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

Hi Jay (and H):*
Sounds lovely, and I am glad you havn,t gone for the paper(too risky) there was a case in the paper, not long ago about a tortoise coming out of hibernation and pushing his hay under the light,which nearly resulted in disaster same as me,cant really be too careful can we.My big one (speedy) once climbed out of her table and disappeared,I found her under the bed:) The little one Mikey has had a rough time what with one thing and another but I am hoping he is on the mend, even though he is still not putting the weight on fast enough,you would never believe he is ill as he looks brill apart from being a skinny little thing.
You take care now and give your tort a chin tickle from me ;)

LOve Maz :* :*

#5 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:32 PM

Hi Maz,
your little one mikey i hope he's okay,do you keep the two together??
i would love another one my daughter would love a girl as h is a boy she would like little baby one's!! but husband says no!! we are also wanting a rat as my daughters passed away :( ,he was so cute,h loves a tickle under his chin,do yours like a bath? H has now recently settled down in his bath and sits there haveing a good look around ,i think it's probably because he knows he will get his treats and a walk about the house for a while.
see you Jay and 'H'
:) :*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users