- - - - -

Redfoots

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_kitty_*

Guest_kitty_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:19 PM

Well I recently acquired Reggie my Redfoot, Up until now i have only had Hermann's but i seem to be doing OK with the change in husbandry so far, Was i was wondering is if any other redoot keeps out there would care to share any of their tips and advise on keeping redfoots.
Reggies is 23cm in length and weighs in at 2kg. Does anyone have any idea about wat age he could be i have heard a lot of conflicting things some people say 5 others say 10, He is definitely a he.:-)
Also wat fruits and animal protein do people give theirs?
cheers
Sarah and Reggie

#2 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

Hi Kitty,
I dont have a redfoot tortoise i have a horsefield but in one off my books it mentions the redfoot tortoise and it says the feeds are all the wild flowers and weeds there is a list on the tortoise trust site and shelled warriors gives a good list and if you go on ebay and and type in tortoise seeds they have a good list and also pictures,fruits and vegetables can be given but only a small amount to the weeds and flowers.My h loves apple grapes tomato cucumber green beans but all only given as a little treat.
Hope this helps a little,if i find anything out i will let you
know
Jay and h:D

#3 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:56 AM

Hi again Kitty,
Just found some information about redfoots hope this helps:
Enjoy grazing on grass,alfalfa,adults can be fed on monkey pellets on a limited basis as it is very rich in protein,it says juveniles only occasional treat.
Jay and H:* :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users