- - - - -

Which Vitamin Supplement are you using

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Paddy2_*

Guest_Paddy2_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:58 PM

I'd be interested to know which vitamin supplement you're all using?
(the one I've been using doesn't seem to be available anymore)

#2 Guest_maz_*

Guest_maz_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

Hi Paddy2:*
You dont state the vitamin supplement you are using so dont know if its off the market or not. Personally I dont use any other than nutrabol and good old limestone flour cakes with a diet of weeds and grasses, you really shouldnt need extra vitamins if you are giving a good varied diet and provide the correct lighting and heating, I hope this helps with your question.

Many regards Maz :-) :-)

By the way which species of tort do you have:*

#3 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:50 PM

Hi Paddy, I agree with Maz, I use nutrobol & calcium powder. Although now they are outdoors I don't use anything at the moment as they get it all au-natural from the weeds and sun!

#4 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

Hi Paddy2,
I also use nutrabol and cuttlefish,you can scrape some cuttlefish over the weeds, i give some cuttlefish every other day and nutrabol 2-3 times a week,cuttlefish can also be left whole and placed in the tabletop home and they will have a bite off it when needed and also it is very good for there beaks,i did this for a while and my h loved having a bite off it but at the moment he seems to love making a mess every where with the sand and soil:7

#5 Guest_Paddy2_*

Guest_Paddy2_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for your replies :-) sorry I couldn't respond sooner. I've been using Nutri Grow Pro Cal D3 500, it was recommended (along with nutrabol) by a vet on a website that's gone now. My tortoise (spur thighed) has the run of the garden with all the clover and dandelions and plants put in especially for her, and I grow trays of Tlady seed mix but doesn't seem to be quite enough to feed entirely on this. I've had her almost 30 years and advice has totally changed since then as you know but she has always had lots of plants to eat in the garden.

#6 Guest_maz_*

Guest_maz_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

Hiya Paddy,
You must be doing the right thing by your tort if you have had 30 years problem free torty keeping, well done and keep up the good work,
What a lucky tortoise and if I were you I would just keep doing what you are doing.

Love Mazxxxx

#7 Guest_robink_*

Guest_robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:05 PM

Hi Paddy, I use nutrobal and mind also has cuttlefish.
Kayx

#8 Guest_robink_*

Guest_robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:06 PM

Ps.just notice. should read:- mine not mind.
I am tried. Sorry.
Kayx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users