- - - - -

Horsefields hibernating

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mummychubby_*

Guest_mummychubby_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

My 2 mature horsefields have vitually stopped eating and are trying to dig into the ground inside their enclosure. Should I just leave them or keep trying to encourage them to eat and live in their house?

#2 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

Hi, it may just be due to the cold weather..

You can either leave them and I'm sure once we get warmer weather they will resurface or bring them indoors overnight and warm them up before putting them out the next day.

I've got Hermanns so they don't bury but they have spent most of the time in their shed this last week or two, only coming out when we get a bit of sun, but I'm gonna leave them to it to do what comes naturally. ;-)

#3 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

Hi,
I agree with Dawn,it's most likely due to our weather,at the moment we are having quite a few cold spells which will make horsefields want to dig deep down,horsefields are known as escape artists as they love to dig very deep,i have a horsefield and when i put him out in the garden he loves to have a dig down and i have got him some tunnels to go in and he loves going through them.I bring h in the house and put him under the lights and he his housed in a tabletop home but whenever i can i put him outside in his enclosure so i know he's safe.
Let's hope for some sunshine,
Jay and h

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users