• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_victormcl_*

Guest_victormcl_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

hi guys

a little bit of info please

little victor has chipped a small bit from his beak.

would a trip to the vet be advisable or will it grow back again?

also will be be in pain? he is fine otherwise, active and eating no worries there

#2 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:49 AM

Hiya,

I'm not an expert in this but figured I can offer a bit of friendly advice until an expert comes along!

I would say if you are worried take Victor to the vet for a check up. Im not sure if the area is at risk of infection. The other concern of course is if its sharp it may cause him an injury. A Vet may be able to file it down a bit. How did it happen?

If Victor is eating then it's obviously not causing any problems to him so personally I wouldn't be too concerned. I would probably ring the vet for advice on infection and regrowth issues though...

Sorry I couldn't be more help!!! smile.gif

#3 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

Hi
A beak can often be broken it's when the break goes up into the nose area you need to get immediate vet care, the beak will carry on growing, so if it's sharp then the vet can trim it a bit, but otherwise maybe next Spring it will be a bit longer, make sure he has cuttlefish to grate his beak on, that will help smooth it down, also eating off a hard surface like a floor tile or slate, it all helps <g>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users