my leopard tortoises

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:50 AM

hi just a few pictures to introduce my leopards along with this years babies.also this section looks bare with no post's in
terry

#2 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

Very nice, keep up the good work

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

Wowee, fab pictures, the leopards have such beautiful markings...... but don't they ever get soooo big! :D
They must take an awful lot of looking after, well done you!

Paula x

#4 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

Terry!!! lovely torts, if your ever looking for a home for that hatchlings with a heart in his markings please put name down,
Kayx

#5 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:27 PM

hi im not sure which one you mean but i hope to bring some across to the uk late spring /early summer once i sort out the export import for them then obviously need to sell enough to pay the trip.so im more than happy to offer you first refusal then if you are still interested .their parents were hatched in the uk 12 years ago when i bought them from the breeder, so these are second generation captive bred and appear as healthy and robust as the parents .

hi can i say leopard tortoises can grow fairly large my adults range in size from the smallest male who is 255mm 10" and 3kg to my largest female who is 458mm 18" and 18kg they do require dry heated accommodation throughout the year and need a large enough enclosure so they can graze the bulk of their feed during the summer month's.i have found captive bred individuals seem better able to cope with handling than wc and already my hatchlings are unafraid of me and i can poke and pull them around without any attempt to withdraw .this may sound strange but if you ever tried to examine an adult you would appreciate how impossible this is with shy animals.i much prefer these are comfortable around people so it will be easier to examine and treat them should it become neccessary in the future.anyway thanks for looking.a lot of their feed needs to be hand picked during the winter so if you have trouble getting enough weeds now for a couple of meds dont get a leopard.in saying that i still think they are worth all the work but admit they are a big commitment when you keep them on the scale i do .sorry to go on lol.
terry

#6 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

Beautiful torts as always Terry, a real credit to you! Well done :D x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users