Out of Hibernation - is he OK?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mr Fiestys Mum_*

Guest_Mr Fiestys Mum_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:17 AM

Hi everyone
Mr Fiesty my 18 month old has been up for two weeks now. He was down for 6 weeks and only lost 2g during hibernation but more during wind-down. On waking he was doing brilliantly, drinking, eating and weeing within a day. He was pooing normally after 4 days. He was a little slow but overall I was very happy. However over the past three days he has slowed down so much it is worrying me. Yesterday he did not get up at all, eventually at 4pm I took him to his heat lamp, then after a while gave him a bath. He had a wee and ate something after the bath. I also noticed his poo was not firm and formed as usual, much softer but not totally runny. (sorry for the detail!). He was asleep again after appx 2 hours.
Again today, he has not moved so far, but is awake and looking around.
Is he so clever that despite 12 hours of UV light and heat, he still realises that is is snowing outside?!
Or is the poo and indication that he needs more help and to see a vet?
Any advice much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Lisa
Mr Fiestys Mum

#2 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

What are you feeding him on?
Last year, when mine got up he ate like there was no tomorrow at first and then settled down. I'd keep giving him warm baths each day and try and get some weeds when the weather improves.

#3 Guest_Mr Fiestys Mum_*

Guest_Mr Fiestys Mum_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

Lin
Thanks for reply.
He has only had fresh weeds, (dandilion, plaintain, watercress mainly) although a couple of new ones he has not had before. Blackberry leaves, white dead nettle & red dead nettle with flowers are the new ones.
I did give him a small amount of cucumber and apple the day after he got up, just to get him going really but he was fine after that.
Today, I am glad to report he has been much more lively, up and about practically since I posted my message. Eating well too.
I'm still keeping a very close eye and on poo watch!
Bath time for him now, he always livens up for his daily bathe.
Regards
Lisa
Mr Fiestys Mum

#4 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

He sounds fine. Their poos do differ sometimes, just like ours, so don't worry mad.gif biggrin.gif

#5 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Lin @ Feb 6 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He sounds fine. Their poos do differ sometimes, just like ours, so don't worry mad.gif biggrin.gif

Awwwww LIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to much information laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users